jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Besides lavender, what essential oils do you find induce relaxation the best thr

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

Besides lavender, what essential oils do you find induce relaxation the best through aromatherapy?

Lavender is wonderful, but I am looking to do a different kind of oil or blend of oils - something more out of the ordinary.  What oil or blend of pure essential oils do you find to be relaxing and soothing to the nerves?

2. amymarie_5 profile image86
    amymarie_5posted 6 years ago

Vanilla is a very relaxing scent.  So is chamomile.   If you want to try something a little different, you can combine a little chamomile or vanilla with the lavender oil.  Either one smells amazing.

3. profile image0
    Germaine Reillyposted 6 years ago

For me, it has to be frankincense and Roman chamomile. Both blend well with lavender, too. If I have a stressful event happening, I sprinkle a few drops of frankincense on a tissue and breath in regularly throughout the day. Roman chamomile is a nerve sedative, so it's also relaxing. I tend to use in massage blends for tension.

4. Kevina Oyatedor profile image67
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 5 years ago

I always go with vanilla and also ylang ylang. Very relaxing when you are taking a bath.

working