jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why is it that when I go to buy clothes 3/4 of the store is for woman and men ar

1. banner10 profile image61
    banner10posted 6 years ago

Why is it that when I go to buy clothes 3/4 of the store is for woman and men are left with crumbs?

i like american eagle always have and I noticed that 3/4 was woman and 1/4 was for the men.do people ever think the reason why we hate shoppin is cause there is nothin to shop for?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

The other reason is that a lot of us guys just don't care as much about clothes as the ladies do.  Give me a couple pairs of jeans, a few shirts and some underwear--I'm good to go.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I suppose because smart marketing tactics dictate that the bulk of shoppers are women.  So they pander to that dynamic.  Like Ghost32, my husband is happy with jeans, T shirts and work boots.  As long as they are clean, he is happy.  He is not interested in quantity or style.

4. Nefarious_Misery profile image69
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

99% of my clothes come from Gabrial brothers, wal-mart, or Goodwill.

I (like most men I think) wear one of two outfit combinations.

1. Jeans and T-shirt
    2. Shorts and T-shirt

Neither require me to spend any significant amount of money on my wardrobe.

5. banner10 profile image61
    banner10posted 6 years ago

i wear simple stuff too like jeans and a regular t-shirt i just wish i had more choices.i actually get all my clothes off of ebay.i can get designer clothes that are semi brand new for cheap

6. Hubpage Gal profile image60
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

Most large retailers have done the research and knows that it is the woman who purchases the most clothing as her focus is on looking her best.  My suggestion is to frequent the men's specialty shops that only carry men's clothes and have a minimum of women's fashion wear.

working