jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Buying New Clothes - Replacing Or Adding To Your Wardrobe - How Do You Shop For

1. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 5 years ago

Buying New Clothes - Replacing Or Adding To Your Wardrobe - How Do You Shop For Clothes?

What do you do when you think you need to go shopping for new clothes? Do you rush to the nearest clothes store in your area, look around hurriedly and pick whatever there is in front of your eyeballs, pay and rush back home, or do you make a list of the clothes stores in your area, visit them in turn, look around patiently, make a mental note of what's available in terms of your tastes and then during the weekend rush over and buy them all? Or ... do you patiently wait for St Nicholas?

2. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I look for the sales at the end of each season and stay in the stores for hours trying on clothes until I find what I think looks best on me.

quicksandposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very sensible, way to go! smile

3. mwales28 profile image60
    mwales28posted 5 years ago

Coming from a person who loves to shop... My best piece of advice is to shop for separates.  Yes of course, look for deals but try to steer clear of pairing up clothes in store.  Buy clothes that you can alternate with other pieces so that you make your wardrobe multi-functional.  This will help so that you don't have to spend so much money at one time because you will have the ability to mix and match.  Before you go shopping, get an idea of what kind of style you want or have so that you don't waste time going to stores that don't cater to your style.  Also, buy clothes that are flattering so that you feel good in your clothes, self-esteem is everything.  Lastly, if you try it on and you don't LOVE it, then don't buy it!  It is my experience that if you don't love it when you try it on, then you never will.

Lol, you are indeed an experienced shopper! Do you always shop till you drop?

4. kathleen1630 profile image61
    kathleen1630posted 5 years ago

as a traveller, i usually opt to go for flexible and versatile stuffs. A dress that can be converted to a skirt or long top or top. A top that can be mixed with various jeans, skirts, and shorts. Because I travel most of the time, i need to expand my wardrobe that makes my daily outfit livelier. Of course, they must be on good deals. Clothes is not about the brand or style, it is how you carry yourself wearing the clothes and bringing dull outfits into glamour and trendy.

Wow, it's great to be a traveler! ... Tried time travel? smile

5. profile image52
    watson mariaposted 5 years ago

I love to do shopping of clothes but instead of going to market I would like to shop online for clothes from Clockwork-Orange because it can save your precious time and money. I like different types of brands like Paul Boutique, Fred Perry, Hilfiger Denim, Replay and many more.

working