jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

If there's a huge mole on someone's face....are you looking at it when speaking

1. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

If there's a huge mole on someone's face....are you looking at it when speaking with them?

2. petenali profile image86
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

For sure...I'm trying to count the thick dark hairs that are sprouting out of it.  It doesn't just have to be a mole though.  If someone has an unusual piercing or facial tattoo, or unusually shaped nose... whatever it is, your eyes cannot help but get drawn to it.  I think it's inbuilt pleasure that you are not the one with the mole.

3. toys-everywhere profile image61
    toys-everywhereposted 5 years ago

Nope, I'm usually looking at whatever part of them I can see as beautiful, actually. smile

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Oh it is hard, but I try very hard not to.  I try to look them directly in the eyes.  We have a wonderful gal that does the cleaning at our office.  She is just the nicest gal, but missing two front teeth and I have to tell you it is so hard not to look at her mouth when she talks.

petenali - great answer - LOL

5. MarleneB profile image97
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

Only on HubPages can I admit that I do look at the mole when I am speaking with someone with a mole. I can't help it... especially, when the mole is right around their mouth, like near the upper lip or the chin... it is so hard not to look at it. My BEST friend has such a mole (with hairs growing out of it and everything). It doesn't take away from what she is saying, but, all I can say to answer the question is yes I do look at the mole.

6. tlcs profile image47
    tlcsposted 5 years ago

At first glance it would be very hard not too, but once I start to talk to anyone I focus on the eyes.

Normally you find that if someone has a mole or maybe a spot on their nose they would point it out if they felt uncomfortable with it saying 'yes I know I have a ........', if it is something they have had for life then they would possibly of learnt to live with it or it doesn't bother them.

7. Alastar Packer profile image83
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

If they were small they used to be called beauty marks on women. To be frank about it, fleshy wens and big moles on the face aren't distracting to me when face to face, but can definitely catch the eye in passing. Is it that expensive to have them removed?

8. Michele Travis profile image71
    Michele Travisposted 5 years ago

I do at first, but after we become friends, it sort of fades away. This is true because a very good friend of mine does have a mole on her face. I don't see it anymore.  We love horses. dogs, and she tell jokes, we laugh, and have a great time.  After a while it did leave her face.  Not sure why, it just did.

9. shara63 profile image67
    shara63posted 5 years ago

its obvious dear,   and  its human nature that their eyes dont help but get drawn to any unusual or exceptionally different things  that normally we are not use to ...and after noticing it we get distracted.... so is with me...it may be not a  gaze but deffinitely a few looks may fall on the unusual thing!

10. Sparklea profile image76
    Sparkleaposted 5 years ago

I am one to maintain eye contact.  A close friend has a mole near her nose and I hardly notice it. 

However, I have never considered a mole a beauty mark.  I have always wondered why Cindy Crawford never got that mole removed from her face. I find it very distracting. 

A few months ago I noticed a mole on my left cheek.  It was not raised, nor dark, but I went to the dermatologist and had it removed immediately.  I was personally not comfortable with it, even though it was hardly noticeable.  However, I noticed it every day when I brushed my teeth and put on make-up.  For myself, it was in the way.

Whether or not an individual has a mole removed from his/her face is their own personal decision, and I respect that.

Blessings, Sparklea smile

11. Marc Babineau profile image76
    Marc Babineauposted 5 years ago

Only if it`s on the tip of their long, crooked nose...

working