jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

When it comes to your wardrobe, where do you splurge and where do you save?

1. dashingclaire profile image72
    dashingclaireposted 5 years ago

When it comes to your wardrobe, where do you splurge and where do you save?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6591463_f260.jpg

2. prektjr.dc profile image85
    prektjr.dcposted 5 years ago

I splurge on accessories!  I love pulling an outfit together and making it POP with the right accessories! Shoes, bag and jewelry can change the attitude of ANY outfit in a matter of minutes!

dashingclaireposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You and my Aunt sound the same. When I need something I raid her closet first - and she's so organized. Things are color coded.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I splurge on earings and purses. I hate shoe shopping. But I'm forever buying shirts and tops. But I never have enough pants.

4. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I try to buy quality over quantity. I hate to go shopping and only buy a few outfits a year. I have tons of stylish clothes though. That is because I do not buy clothes that are in style. I buy classic that never ages. Some of my most stylish outfits are 10-15 years old.

5. Melindas Mind profile image69
    Melindas Mindposted 5 years ago

I spend in the base stuff - bra, slip, etc. Nothing else is going to fit right, or look good, if you don't wear properly fitting underwear. Plus, good fitting underwear is slimming. Another place that I splurge is in makeup - cheap makeup will never look like anything but cheap makeup. It doesn't wear well, it has to be reapplied more often (which means you actually are losing money), and it isn't good for your skin, which means you have to spend more money on acne stuff.

Otherwise, I shop sales. I prefer to buy my clothes at the Gap outlet stores, but even that's a bit spendy so I wait for their big sales (like labor day and memorial day) and end up spending the same prices I would have to get similar clothes at walmart. I also keep an eye out at garage sales and the goodwill, but even then I'm picky - it is not a good deal if it's not of good quality, hideous, or faded. I buy all my jewelry at hawk shops. I get my shoes also at outlet malls - I prefer to get my sneakers at the adidas outlet (got my last pair for $19), but I don't have any preference for sandals and dress shoes.

You are so right about good foundation Some women look like gravity won

6. EuroNinila profile image85
    EuroNinilaposted 5 years ago

I shop smart most of the time but if I have to pick it would probably be purses.  I like epensive purses  hmm

7. MickeySr profile image81
    MickeySrposted 5 years ago

I don't even know where my clothes come from . . . I don't mean who designed or made them, I mean I don't know how I came into possession of them. One of my many daughters asked me last Christmas if I needed any new shirts or pants, etc - I told her I didn't think so, and then pondered, where did I even get the ones I have, I can't recall the last time I tried anything on or bought any article of clothing . . . I guess I'm wearing whatever my wife and kids ever get for me. Clothes cover my nakedness and keep me warm - apart from that comfort is the only criteria . . . I have nothing but contempt for the concept of fashion.

1. Melindas Mind profile image69
      Melindas Mindposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's common of most men I know. My husband doesn't really know where his clothes come from - if he's low on something he tells me and I pick him whatever that is up. Although, that rarely happens, if his clothes need to be replaced I already know.

2. dashingclaire profile image72

Thanks for commenting MickeySr. I was wondering if any of the males would share. My father would open his gifts and then put them away until he needed a certain piece of clothing.

8. christin53 profile image81
    christin53posted 5 years ago

I'll spend more on a really good pair of smart jeans then buy lots of cheaper t-shirts and tops that way I get lots of outfits .

Now that my wardrobe is more relaxed and less business, I also have more jeans and trendy tops.

9. profile image0
    BethDWposted 5 years ago

Shoes...I have a serious weakness for shoes. And I always buy the most impractical and outrageous pumps...but they're soooo pretty! smile

10. freshmorning2010 profile image60
    freshmorning2010posted 5 years ago

I Just Love Splurge On Jeans. I cant live without them you know, just love to spend on those .And having some good Shirts with them , its something class apart to me.!

working