jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why can’t some mens' beards grow like among most men?

1. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Why can’t some mens' beards grow like among most men?

There are some men who have no beards. They save a lot on shaving gear.

2. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

The trick is to shave frequently, then the hair growth is encouraged. Some men - usually far eastern Asian, such as Chinese/Japanese/Philippino - have a hard time growing beards. Some European men can't grow beards, nor do they have a lot of chest hair but that's illusory, they're probably fair-haired and their facial hair doesn't show as much as that of dark-haired men. The ones whose hair shows up most are 'Latinos' (Italians, Spaniards), Greeks and men of the near East (Arabs, Afghans, Pakistanis etc.
    Since my beard went white-grey it shows up better. Previously it was a sort of 'mucky gingergy' colour, so I shaved my chin regularly. These days I have to have my beard trimmed about every six weeks (Number 2 trimmer) or else it looks a bit 'ragged'.

3. kj force profile image72
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

Some men are naturally hairier than others, due to nationality..also male hormone testosterone plays a part in this process , blood circulation is also a factor...skin textures are different also, oily,dry, normal, thicker skin vs thin skin, and  Blondes tend to be less hairy than dark haired men..so usually show a 5 o'clock shadow quicker and easier.
    As alancaster149 stated when his beard turned grey/white it showed better and thicker..due to the background  colour of his skin, which is light/white, so it blends .
    great question  !

1. profile image60
      almorrposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am hairy all over, so I have to shave 2 timesa day to keep my wife happy, sometimes I get a bit lazy and don't shave for a couple of days, wow, I do have a quick growth, I could grow a thick beard, but it feelsuncomfortable, so I shave the lot off.

working