jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Stripes or pokdadots?

1. Swope profile image59
    Swopeposted 5 years ago

Stripes or pokdadots?

2. xanzacow profile image71
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

Depends on what they are on. If it is stripes on clothing, depends on which way they are going. vertical stripes ok, horizontal, not so much. Guess I better stick with polkadots. (Just answering polkadots was too short of an answer.)

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

It will have to be stripes as I dont have the feintest idea what pokdadots are.

1. xanzacow profile image71
      xanzacowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I did not even notice that, wow I am slacking!

2. MickS profile image70
      MickSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just as I thought, a waste of space question, asked for the sake of asking, no response to any of the answers.

4. prektjr.dc profile image85
    prektjr.dcposted 5 years ago

I personally LOVE polka dots!  Stripes can be tricky if they are on clothing, it is important that strips run vertical.  Otherwise, stripes can be a fun look as well, depending on their width.  Narrow stripes look more classic and sophisticated, while equal sized stripes are more youthful and playful.  Polka dots can be sophisticated when it is a solid white dot against a strong solid background, and more playful when using multiple colors of dots or variegated colors in the background.  However, given a black and white choice, I would always choose polka dots!

5. Tess45 profile image84
    Tess45posted 5 years ago

I love both. Polka dots have a feeling of youth, warm weather and freshness about them. Stipes can be very conservative, such as a pinstripe suit or skirt, but they can also be fun, flirty, and of, course, nauttical. Why either or? Why not  yes, to both?

6. jojoluvsjon profile image60
    jojoluvsjonposted 5 years ago

dots, dots, dots.....

stripes are great too but I am more likely to choose polkadots!

7. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Hmm.  Imagining either is kind of disturbing to me.  Thinking, thinking...      Nope.  I'm not able to choose because I can't stand either.  I'd have to know what they're on before I could choose the least obnoxious of them.

working