jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Ladies how important is the engagement ring?

1. NikiDiva profile image61
    NikiDivaposted 4 years ago

Ladies how important is the engagement ring?

Would you be upset if you found out your ring wasn't a real diamond?

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Not important at all! I told my husband not to even buy one. It would have been a waste of money. Even my wedding band doesn't get worn. Last year we went and got wedding ring tattoos and that's all I need. I have never understood the point of an engagement ring. It's almost like buying love in my opinion. There are so many other ways to show commitment prior to marriage. If he would have insisted on getting me a ring I wouldn't have cared if it turned purple or came out a candy machine at the grocery store!

1. NikiDiva profile image61
      NikiDivaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

More so it sounds like you don't care for jewelry.

2. peeples profile image95
      peeplesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No no, I love Jewelry!! I just don't think it should be a marriage condition.  An anniversary or bday gift is great. Having to spend hundreds or thousand to prove our love is a bit bothersome to me! Have a great day NikiDiva!

3. NikiDiva profile image61
      NikiDivaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I understand. Just trying to get some opinions. Thank you

3. Cleio profile image78
    Cleioposted 4 years ago

When my husband proposed he'd just finished college. Though he'd been hired for his first job, he hadn't got paid yet. I was still a student, so we were completely broke. My engagement ring is silver with a piece of amber, that cost about thirty euro. My wedding band is simple white gold, again, as much as we could afford at the time.

I still treasure both. To me, the sentimental value is far more important than the actual cost of the ring.

It never occurred to me that I should be upset for not having a diamond. I have the man I love sharing my life with me. The rings are just symbols of that. Nice to have, but totally unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Pretty important. The ring is a symbol of how much he loves you. Typically the rule is that the ring should cost three months of his paycheck. But it is entirely up to the woman in the relationship. As long as she likes the ring, all is well. Since my husband couldn't wear a ring as a mechanic, he got a tattoo instead of a ring.

5. Koyna Sen profile image61
    Koyna Senposted 4 years ago

An engagement ring is obviously important as it showcases the love of your partner with it. However, the material with which it is made of, does not matter much. The ring itself has immense value, the material with which it is made, is of mere consideration. It may be of silver, gold, platinum with diamond or no diamond. There is no reason to get upset. It is the true love of the person who is gliding it in your ring finger does matter.

6. Weldon Jewellers profile image60
    Weldon Jewellersposted 4 years ago

the ring is very, very important, but that doesn't mean that it has to be expensive. it is a symbol, and it represents the love between two people. love can't be measured, so a bigger diamond doesn't mean that he loves you "more", just, perhaps, that he has been lucky enough to be able to afford a bigger one!!!! the sentiment and feeling behind it is what counts.