jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What brand of toothpaste do you use?

1. jainismus profile image70
    jainismusposted 4 years ago

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Whatever's on sale when I need toothpaste. Right now I think it's Aqua Fresh.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

Generally, whatever is cheapest.  For it isn't so much the brand or type of toothpaste that ensures good dental hygene and healthy teeth and gums, it is the daily practices of how and when you clean your teeth.

I haven't lost a tooth since I was eighteen years of age.  I'm now seventy-seven.  However, I did lose three of my adult teeth between fifteen and eighteen.  Why?   I put it down to drinking softdrink mainly, and not cleaning my teeth when I should have - mainly because of ignorance.

At eighteen I joined the Navy and there saw an Educational film that made all the difference to my teeth-health.  The film was an old one; produced in World War Two.   It mentioned that the Eskimos had no word or words in their language to describe tooth ache.  Why?  Because they never got tooth ache.   And why didn't they get tooth ache?   Because of their habit of chewing hard on such things as animal skins (to soften them)   The hard chewing exercised the tiny muscles that hold our teeth in our gums, making them so hard and strong and deep that their gums never became soft and unhealthy.

Of course, that does not apply to today's Eskimos who have changed to our Western ways.   Now, they do get gum diseases and tooth aches.

The other thing I learned from that film is that something like half of our tooth decay occurs within twenty minutes of our eating.  So, always clearn your teeth as soon as you can after you've eaten.   Oh, and forget things like chewing gum with its sweeteners or eating sweets.  The sugar will cause tooth decay.

Go to your dentist once a year and get any tartar build-up cleaned off.

So, to sum up: clearn you teeth as soon as you can after a meal.  Use something really hard and chewy such as a part of a rubber dog-bone or such and give it forty to sixty hard chews directly after clearning your teeth.  It takes only a few seconds but will make all the difference between shelling out good money at the destist or being able to spend it on something you'd far more enjoy.

4. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I use whatever is on sale. Usually it's been Colgate. But I've used Crest, Aquafresh and even Arm & Hammer.

5. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I use a natural toothpaste that I really enjoy.  Desert Essence Tea Tree oil and Neem.  Both oils are great for gum health and it's just a nice toothpaste - makes your mouth feel very clean.

6. profile image50
    Wholesalebyatlas2posted 4 years ago

I always use to change my toothpaste brand. So, after some trials i would come to know most suitable brand.

7. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

That's an interesting question Jainismus. I'm extremely picky when it comes to the care of my teeth. I only use one brand of toothpaste. I keep Arm & Hammer advance care stocked along with Listerine.

8. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

I was using Senseodyne, but then I discovered an off-brand for sensitive teeth at the Dollar Tree that is just as good. Saves me $4 a tube.

9. leakeem profile image80
    leakeemposted 4 years ago

I use Colgate! You'd see them selling those huge 135g tubes for about 2.5 bucks and it's buy one take one. So far, I'm satisfied with it.

10. howlermunkey profile image91
    howlermunkeyposted 4 years ago

Been Using Colgate "Total" advanced, does a pretty good job. I like to use a toothpaste that makes my mouth feel clean. Some of the cheaper brands just don't do it for me.

11. Jasmeetk profile image82
    Jasmeetkposted 4 years ago

I am using sensodyine as some suggested me it for gum problem, but I don't think so it is working hmm