jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you find anything wrong with wearing a replica or fake watch?

1. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Do you find anything wrong with wearing a replica or fake watch?

My friend wears a fake Rolex that looks similar to the real thing. If you're not a watch aficionado, you wouldn't be able to tell. What are your thoughts in owning a replica?

2. Bubblegum Jones profile image60
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 4 years ago

As long as the watch tells the right time, then I don't see the problem. Those are some nice looking watches in the photograph here.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I don't see any harm in it as long as you know what you're getting. It would suck to pay big $$ thinking it's the real deal and then wind up with a copy.

A buddy of mine once bought a fake Rolex from a street vendor in NYC. He just wanted a fancy looking watch to wear to a wedding.  The brand name on the watch face said 'RELOX." Haha!

4. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

EEEEEUUUUUUWWWWW!!! Sorry, don't mean to sound uppity but I couldn't do it. If I can't afford a real Rolex I don't need one. I couldn't spend that much money on a watch even if I could afford it. I'd rather have a nice ESQ, Timex, Seiko, or Citizen. I will buy a nice looking off-brand as long as it works. But something that's fake on purpose is just not right!

5. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

It sounds to me like your friend has self esteem issues & is trying to be something he's not...if you can't afford the real thing, why pretend like you can? I wouldn't do it personally.