jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (18 posts)

Do you wear a wrist watch?

1. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image80
    Pavlo Badovskyyposted 5 years ago

Do you wear a wrist watch?

2. Midasfx profile image64
    Midasfxposted 5 years ago

Always. I often sleep, shower, and surf with a watch on. I would feel naked without it!

Pavlo Badovskyyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

amazing, probably it is like wearing a ring. You get used to it and feel uncomfortable  without it...

2. Midasfx profile image64
      Midasfxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I usually wear my super thin black watch. It has small square face an ulta light ceramic band that honestly looks and feels like a normal bracelet. I rather dislike the big bulky watches with 50 functions .

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

No........................................................................

4. dghbrh profile image77
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Yes i do wear and i love them as well.
    Do you wear one?
    thanks

Pavlo Badovskyyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I do not wear wrist watch since mobile phones appeared. Sometimes i miss it.

5. Richard Craig profile image76
    Richard Craigposted 5 years ago

Ever since I had my first mobile, my watch felt redundant.  Haven't worn one since, and I don't miss it.

6. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I am in my 50's and grew up wearing a watch.  I wear one all the time even though I also carry a cellphone with a clock on it.  I too would feel naked without a watch.  I have a dress watch but usually wear a cheap Casio with a calculator on it for work and most activities.  (Yes, I actually do use the calculator and I do know that the phone has a calculator.  Old habits are hard to change).
    I collect vintage (1940's) Hamilton Watches.  They are great watches made in PA.  They were often given as the "gold watch" people received when they retired.  Many are engraved with the retiree and company name.  They are nice little pieces of history.

7. algarveview profile image88
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

No, not for ages... I used to, but 6 or 8 years (not sure) mine just stopped working and I didn't see the point of buying another one, because I had my mobile always with me... In time I actually tried a wrist watch again for one or two days, but I found it so strange, I took it off... Strange, right? There was a time when a wrist watch was an absolute must have...

8. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

I don't wear a wrist watch.  Phones, computers and a lot of other stuff have the time on them.  So there is not much of a need for a watch most of the time.  Now days if you are using technology you can probably check the time.  When I am going to be outside away from technology I sometimes bring my watch.  Mostly I wear it or have it in my back pack when I ride my bike to a beach or when I am camping.

9. moonfairy profile image77
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

yes, always have and I'm lost if I forget to put it on in the morning.

10. melbelle profile image62
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

I used to wear one all the time.  Then about three years ago, I stopped, and you know I do not miss having the time handy.  I have a clock in my car and one in my house, and that is enough.

11. Cardia profile image93
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

Yup! I have a blue and black digital sports watch. It's not fancy looking, but it gets the job done, and has been doing so for the past four years. I've had to replace the strap twice, but otherwise it has served me faithfully.
    It's waterproof too, so I hardly take it off! During the rare occasions when I do, it feels weird not having it on! I guess it's become a part of me, so to speak smile

12. maverickmonk profile image68
    maverickmonkposted 5 years ago

i would wear a wrist watch when i am travelling but not always

13. Mrs Jil Manning profile image82
    Mrs Jil Manningposted 5 years ago

Yes, but they always break or stop within a short time of me having them.  I have a drawer full of broken wrist watches!  I like wearing a watch, but I do find that I can tell the time accurately within a few minutes without looking...I just know!

14. dialogue profile image66
    dialogueposted 5 years ago

Yep i do! I really don't like asking others for time...

15. wellspoken profile image61
    wellspokenposted 5 years ago

absolutely not. i cant stand to wear a watch. it makes me feel like i am being restricted as if i have on hand cuffs or something and i just dont like the way it feels at all. also i feel it is weird the way you have to bend your arm to look at the time. i dont see how are why people wear watches. i just use my cell phone which we have grown to love so much to tell the time.

working