Pantyhose: Pro or con?

1. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

Pantyhose: Pro or con?

Are you in favor of women wearing pantyhose, or against it? Why?

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

Hello Laura. Quite honestly I would have been mixed before this past year's experience. Especially living in California where bare tanned legs are simply attractive. Contrasting with hose and a garter or a reinforced elastic band of some sort is a different matter of a different discussion I would think.

Sharing I was diagnosed with Chronic Venous Deficiency. In essence the "veins" were not doing there job in the legs specifically the saphenous veins of both legs. Or, blood pooled instead traversed back to the heart. Long story short that required surgeries and minor rehabilitation. Insurance billed cost was over $10,000 each. Today, I wear knee high support hose almost everyday. And, If I am going to walk all day I wear thigh high. By the way I am a male near 60.

Cause: Standing for too many years in job environments, sitting for too many years in job environments, not exercising, diabetes had a hand in it, and never providing any system of support for the legs over so many years. Ponder design and longevity of our body, wear and tear, and new discoveries today with today's medical sciences with our advancing length with lifespan.

So, yes, overwhelmingly I am in support of women (men?) wearing "support" hose or pantyhose even if under pants.

3. Bk42author profile image79
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

I don't like pantyhose at all, but I will wear them to a formal occasion if the dress I'm wearing is not floor length only because I feel they make my legs look better than they would without them.

working