Skirts and pantyhose

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (31 posts)
  1. lumen2light profile image59
    lumen2lightposted 11 years ago

Skirts and pantyhose

Gents: If skirts and pantyhose (tights) were a man’s fashion, would you wear them?

Ladies: If skirts and pantyhose (tights) were a man’s fashion, what would you think of men wearing them?

Gents: Have you ever worn a kilt?

2. Wild_Life profile image54
    Wild_Lifeposted 11 years ago

A woman wearing a skirt is very feminine and to further enhance the visual half pant makes the perfect look, and the two together is something that must be used and abused by all women the combination of skirt with pantyhose seje winter or summer always looks good on women of any age.

1. Laura Schneider profile image82
      Laura Schneiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Skirts/dresses on women--I'm there! I only own 1 pair of blue jeans, and they still look like new after a few years.

2. lumen2light profile image59
      lumen2lightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wild, Laura, women after my own heart. There is nothing that shows the feminine side of a woman more.

3. Laura Schneider profile image82

I confess, I get funny stares from my neighbors doing yard work in skirts, though. :-) Oh--and bug bites in places I wish I hadn't.

3. yupperclub profile image61
    yupperclubposted 11 years ago

I'm sure we've all worn clothes of different gender at one time or another...even if only on Halloween...so what's wrong with that?

Absolutely, positively nothing is wrong with cross-dressing. Whatever one is inclined to wear, I say let them wear it. I personally don't mind the men in tights and kilts at Renaissance festivals--practical and attractive.

4. carlajbehr profile image84
    carlajbehrposted 11 years ago

I like my men to look like men, not women.   Nix the tights on men!  There's nothing so attractive as a man in a nice suit. : )

I'm with you there, carlajbehr: there's nothing so attractive as a man in a nice suit (or dress uniform, or tuxedo).

5. Laura Schneider profile image82
    Laura Schneiderposted 11 years ago

I personally don't mind seeing men in kilts with bare legs or other medieval costumes with completely opaque tights on.

I love/prefer wearing skirts/dresses over pants, with or without pantyhose (lately, almost 100% without). So, I'm prejudiced to begin with, but I would think skirts/kilts would be comfier and more practical for men (who aren't on motorcycles), too (as long as they have enough pockets to hold all their stuff).

However, on men, sheer or in any way see-through pantyhose like women wore (until recently) would look really bad--matted-down leg hair, ick (and probably scratchy, too).

That's my opinion and guesses, anyway. I'm curious how others will answer...

1. yupperclub profile image61
      yupperclubposted 11 years agoin reply to this

CANT have HOLLOWEEN everyday...Men have more important things to do.

2. Laura Schneider profile image82

Parallel parking and lifting heavy things? (Sorry, JUST TEASING---If I'd been serious I would have added "watching sports on TV" to that list. See the difference?) Maybe I'd better eat lunch before I get punched in the face by a guy wearing a skirt..

6. Becky Katz profile image81
    Becky Katzposted 11 years ago

The look of men in kilts is very attractive, they look masculine. But a skirt and tights is feminine on most. We dressed my dad as a pregnant woman for Halloween one year and the very masculine man looked feminine. I would not be amenable to seeing a man in a skirt because of that. They are feminizing. Tights or pantyhose are the most uncomfortable things in the world and I do not wish them on anyone. I love the fashion now of no pantyhose. It has given me the freedom to wear skirts, which I did not wear for many years because of the pantyhose. I love to wear skirts, they make me feel so feminine. I do not understand why a man would wear them, for that reason.

Two thumbs up for no pantyhose on women!

2. Becky Katz profile image81
      Becky Katzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

YEAH, Laura. They are a bane.

7. profile image49
    loscorrosposted 11 years ago

I must consult with the drag queen who hangs around the gas station.  If skirts and pantyhose for men are not "in" then he doesn't know it.

I'm still chuckling over this one. loscorros, I don't think the drag queen will listen to your argument with more than a passing interest. Best to print out this article for proof of your point of view. (P.S. Please redact all names before sharing.)

8. profile image0
    davids11548posted 11 years ago

Plain knee length skirts with pockets for my stuff, Only panty hose that allow for air flow. I'm and older fella with decent legs and little hair. I have found that crotch binding pants, jeans, tights, and even shorts, promote bacteria growth, that can be a health hazard to males as well as females. especially for an active person. { personal experience }. If you doubt this, all you have to do is look up the sales records for "mono-stat ". Drug sales alone indicate urinary, vaginal, and staph infections are at epidemic levels for both men and women. Proven to be caused by tight fitting clothing that doesn't breath. multi-blend materials are also on this list. The designers of our "Fashion " clothing are in it for the money, not our health concerns. It would benefit us all [ men and women ] to make the transition to skirt wearing when ever possible to avoid this medical nightmare. And if someone wants to quote the bible old testament, they better use the whole bible. because Jesus said that to be modest in the eyes of God , One must be covered from neck to knee. And even Jesus wore robes, and tunics in the workplace. Have a nice day !

You are a hoot! I totally agree with you about the necessity of airflow. Suggestion: if you have, er, medical problems the likes of which davids11548 spoke, why not experiment with thigh-highs and garter belts?

9. Li Galo profile image78
    Li Galoposted 11 years ago

For me, a man in a skirt is not attractive... not even in a kilt.

I prefer a man who likes to "Suit Up!" (as Barney says!)...

Yeah, lots of advantages to that. Not many guys can wear a kilt and look attractive. LOL Thanks, Li Galo!

10. bethperry profile image82
    bethperryposted 11 years ago

If skirts and pantyhose (tights) were fashion, I'm sure some men could pull the look off. I just would hope none of the guys trying would have a beer belly, moobs or an accompanying mohawk.

And, statistics being what they are today, that would probably be the case in this great big fat lovable USA. I'm sure the fashion designers would find ways of "camouflaging" the negatives and enhancing the positives, just like with women.

2. lumen2light profile image59
      lumen2lightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Even fashion sometimes gets it wrong. Also some men should not even wear shorts, current fashion does not suit all.

3. Laura Schneider profile image82

Oh, and remember Zoobaz? (however they were spelled?) Somebody should write a hub on their historical history and, thankfully, how short it was.

11. Jesse Leet profile image57
    Jesse Leetposted 11 years ago

I wear skirts and dresses in private to scared to go out in public. I wear girl pants, coats/jackets, bras to support my man boobs and im skinny only weigh 150 pounds and still loosing weight in public. I also wear female shirts in public all the time and female shoes and boots with tights, or stockings, or female socks in public all the time

Jesse, in this retro-prejudiced age, I don't blame you for not wanting to wear skirts and dresses in public! Better safe... Kilts might be an option for public wear. Sports bras should help with control, if that is your goal. If not, cheers to you!

12. sickdub profile image61
    sickdubposted 10 years ago

i dunno i wouldn't really care either way. cultural conditioning would probably take care of that!

13. profile image58
    MikeyPeteposted 10 years ago

Oh yes, I have a male friend that has feminine looking legs. And a lady friend that she would date him if he wouldn't wear skirts.

14. profile image52
    Patagoniakidposted 9 years ago

Already do. Discovered graduated compression pantyhose was the only thing that stopped night leg cramps then discovered they prevented varicose veins from forming and really did give more energy all day long so now it's close to 24/7 for pantyhose!

Skirts... Having always looked at skirts on chicks for decades finally tried on a "Cargo Mini Skirt" on a hot day and was instantly hooked. (Guys don't try this if you are sexist, sexually insecure or homophobic because you will then have a huge problem dealing with yourself). Clearly a skirt on a male makes more sense than for a female! (No freekin crotch binding inseams and the freedom of movement is astounding). No wonder men have worn skirts far longer than women throughout time... Geee could Western Society be screwed up or paranoid a skirt will make a man gay?

Men ARE wearing pantyhose so much that many manufacturers are marketing them for men:  Example: http://www.glieberman.com/benefits/
    Men ARE wearing skirts more and more as they are discovering the benefits. Cooler than shorts on a hot day and look better than mens shorts. See these guys in skirts and note they still look like guys just as women in pants look like women: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/v … w/22064674 (Obviously NOT "Cross Dressing" to look like women). Best of all by far most (not all) women find a guy in a skirt "intriguing". He will get more action than the jocks. Women know he doesn't have the hangups many guys do...

PS: A Kilt IS a Skirt! Look it up in any dictionary. A kilt is just a type of skirt that is usually tartan, hot, heavy and costly. Skirts (womens) fit men perfectly without modifications (ask any clothing designer). Just get the right size and style (non girly) and out of many thousands some are perfect so no need for a special "mens" skirt just as there is no need for "mens" pantyhose. They all fit men fine...

15. profile image51
    specialized13posted 7 years ago

I think the skirt, pantyhose and heel combination is a very sexy and attractive look. Having the right body type really does make a difference. Wearing in public would generate a lot of attention but wearing this outfit behind closed doors would probably be the way to go.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)