This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is used to quickly and efficiently deliver files such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisements has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Why do majority of women put on clothes which are too tight or reveal parts of t

1. stbrians profile image77
    stbriansposted 3 years ago

Why do majority of women put on clothes which are too tight or reveal parts of their anatomy?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

Who decides what is too tight? By anatomy do you mean legs and arms because the majority of women don't walk around with their vagina showing? Why are so many people concerned with how others dress? I'm sorry but your question leaves me with lots of other questions. Mostly why do others care so much?!? If I don't like how the guy looks who's walking around with his pants around his knees I typically just look away.
    Now if your question is why do women not cover all of their body parts, my simple answer is because they have a right to their own body, and to put whatever they want on it, and it's no one else's business. If you want a technical answer they may dress that way to impress the opposite sex to attract a mate, they may be trying to catch the eye of their husband, they may feel great about themselves when they dress this way, or they may still "have it" and want to enjoy it while they can. All of which are personal reasons and again, no one's business.

1. pratoocool profile image61
      pratoocoolposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I just agree with Peeples. Just chill yourself and mind ones business. One should be least cared about what others are wearing and why. They must be feeling comfortable in that...

2. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree. You never see anyone shaming men for their clothing choices, but people are all too quick to judge a woman on her appearance.  Don't like it don't look - period. Great answer.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The human body is not shameful.  It is a magnificent work of art.  I really do not understand this shaming of the human body.  Agree with Peeples on her assessment.  There's nothing wrong with women's bodies.  This is a leftover of patriarchy.

3. mikejhca profile image95
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

I think women put on clothes which are too tight or reveal parts of their anatomy so they feel good. They don't want to look or feel fat and they don't want to dress like a man. If a body part like their abs looks good than there is no reason to hide it from themselves and other people. How a person dresses can determine how they feel about themselves even if nobody else sees them.

Men often go topless. They tend to reveal more of themselves than women do. I have been exercising a lot lately. When I was at the beach I noticed how muscular my arms were. It made me feel good.You can't really see your body when it is covered in clothes. To get a good idea of what you look like you need to wear tight clothes or revealing clothes.

The way I see it loose clothes that hide your body are bad for your health. They hide the problems.

1. gmwilliams profile image85

Great answer, the human body is indeed beautiful and if you got it, FLAUNT IT, DON'T HIDE IT.

4. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

Re: tightness- it could be either because they're proud of their body and want to show off their figure... or maybe they just don't know how to size properly.

Re: anatomy- Probably because it's summer and it's hot out and long-sleeved turtlenecks and full-length pants wouldn't be very comfortable.

1. gmwilliams profile image85

GOOD ANSWER, +1,000,000,000,000,000,000 IN AGREEMENT!

5. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

When I wear such articles of clothing it is because my husband wants to see me in them. Other than this, I don't. But if the majority of women you see are wearing clothing you think is inappropriate or indecent, then perhaps you should use the god-given right to look at something else. I don't like seeing men wearing their trousers so low it shows their dirty underwear, but when it comes down to it, I do know how to avert my eyes.

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

The majority of women? I think not. Of course, I don't know how people dress where you live, but around me I see tight clothes, but the majority of women don't wear short shorts revealing part of their buttocks or shirts revealing a lot of cleavage. Wearing either type of clothing is not my thing, but I'm not going to become the fashion police just because I think women AND men should dress a little more conservatively.

7. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

To get attention. Everybody is looking for attention from others. If there are no others, would it matter? So lets be clear. Some countries have built in conditioning related to the body. The people are programmed to respond with attention or excitement. Even advertisers take advantage of that conditioning on television every day. In some countries, it is the quickest way to influence men, or get their attention. And of course, there are other countries that are not conditioned in that way. It means nothing to them. Even a nude body would not get any attention because they are not programmed to respond that way.

8. Michaela Osiecki profile image79
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

Because as a society we determine a woman's worth by her appearance and not by the quality of her character. So in order to survive this world as women, sometimes we have to play by the rules laid out by society and, in general, men.

1. stbrians profile image77
      stbriansposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are right there. Men want to see a bit of skin and women show it.

working