- Fashion and Beauty»
- Shoes & Stockings for Legs & Feet
Risks of Wearing High Heels
Why do women wear high heels? Well for me, I really hate wearing those, I just feel uncomfortable, but in my height, (5'') I have to, for me to gain some inches. Lucky are the women who are naturally tall. Tall looks compliment the beauty of body. Wearing heels is one option for looking tall.
For some women, high heels are hard to resist. As a matter of fact, heels finish off every female's stylish outfit. It increases self esteem. But appearances aside, wearing high heels on a daily basis can cause serious long-term damage to the body, especially the legs and feet. Though women look lovely in heels, they have to suffer form many of its side-effects.
Disadvantages of wearing high heels
* Most of the women suffer from foot pain after walking with high heels. Because of high heels the entire pressure of body is concentrated on the feet.
* The entire weight of the body will be directed onto the ball of your foot, this can be especially dangerous for those who are over weight causing the ball of the foot to experience additional pressure.
* High heels can significantly affect your natural posture and your spine.
* It has also been found that wearing high heels can put the spine out of its natural alignment and also the spinal nerves can become pinched and pain, tingling and numbness can occur
* We can easily get ankle injuries, hammertoe or bunions if not wearing a comfortable shoe, even end up with a twisted ankle if the straps don't fit properly, holding our ankle in the right place.
There may be many and grave disadvantages, but this can't and won't stop us from wearing our favorite type of shoes.
Inorder to lessen the pain and risks of wearing high heels, these simple advice will help you somehow:
* Buy shoes that fit! Sounds like a no-brainer, but most women wear shoes at least a half a size too small. Measure your feet every time you buy shoes, even just a few extra pounds can make your shoe size larger. Remember that the number is just a suggestion, different brands can size completely differently.
* Wear some thin socks underneath. This will help prevent your feet from rubbing against the leather or on the material of the shoes.
* Don't step toe first or place your heels and toes on the ground at the same time. Walk the same way your would with flats - with each step you take, place your heel on the ground first, and then the ball of your foot/toes
You May Also Like
- Travel Philippines: Tourist Spots and Destinations
Aside from A very Cheap cost for travelling Philippines, it's surely worth the time and effort to come and see the natures and awesome beaches you'll never forget! Are you ready to explore the Philippines tourist attractions? You gotta be choosing...
- Larong Pinoy - The Filipino Games
I've always wanted to be a kid! I remembered the times me and my childhood friends sneak out of the house just to play on the streets.
- Filipino Traits and Characteristics
Filipinos has one of the best traits in the world one of you must know. Although they have been colonized by several countries, core values from their ancestors remained intact and is still applied up to this time. Filipinos are not perfect, but...
- Baking Soda and Its Wonderful Uses
Baking soda as we all know is something that you can find in everyone's kitchen. Though not all of us use this regularly, we sometimes find ourselves having it on our grocery list. This is because we knew that somehow we will be needing it at one...
- Beauty And Health Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil
Introduction: When I was young, my grandfather used to massage a home-made smelly kind of oil on my back for some cure or benefits. I remembered him telling me that he made it himself from coconut, but I just ignored it, anyway I was still young...
- Beauty Tips: Homemade Face Masks For Blackheads
Blackheads can be an embarrassing thing but don't let this ruin your day. There are lots of ways to get rid of those annoying black spots . Homemade face masks might be the solution for your problem.
- Home Remedies For Boils - know the cause and symptom...
In this article, I am going to explain some facts about boils and its possible home remedies that you can do about it. Boils are large, often painful, infection of a hair follicle that appears anywhere in a person's body especially in buttocks,...
- Relationships: Few Signs To Tell If a Guy Likes You
How can you tell if this guy likes you? You were standing and chit-chatting with a friend when suddenly you noticed him. You thought he noticed you, but probably it was just your imagination or some ambitious thinking. He glanced at you almost the...
- Oh no! Need Help For Hair Loss!
There is a saying that
- The Dangers of Hair Dye To your Health
If your dentist, ophthalmologist or dermatologist asks