Google PageRank - How To Find Out A Website's PageRank
PageRank is a link analysis algorithm or method used by the Google Search Engine to determine the importance of a website relative to other websites. It is a numerical ranking system from zero (0) to ten (10), A website with a PR of 10 is considered as the most important.
Google Search uses the PR rating as one of the main criteria to determine the position of a website on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). The higher the website's PR rating, the higher the website is on the SERP's list.
Yahoo! Search and Microsoft's MSN (Windows Live or Bing, its new name) also use a similar page ranking.
Importance Of PageRank
Webmasters and website owners vie for the top of the list of the SERP. The reason for this is the high visibility a website gets from being on the top of the list. People using the search engines usually look only at the first few pages of the results, and more often, only the first page. Therefore getting one's website on the first page and possibly on the top of the first page is every webmaster's dream.
How to see a website's Google PageRank
If you want to know the PR rating of your website or any other website, you can use this popular but free online tool - PRCHECKER.
I tried checking some of the popular websites and here are the results:
- www.google.com - 10
- www.yahoo.com - 9
- www.facebook.com - 9
- www.myspace.com - 9
- www.wikipedia.com - 9
- www.msn.com - 8
- www.blogger.com - 8
- www.squidoo.com - 7
- www.hubpages.com - 6
- www.blogspot.com - 6
On my next hub or article, I would be writing about how to increase a website's PR ranking.
- Make Money With HubPages - Getting Started Real Quick
- Make Money Online Writing Articles With HubPages
- Make Money Online - HubPages Versus Your Own Website
- How to Increase Traffic to your Websites or Hubs
- Google Adsense - How to Get Instant Approval as a Publisher
- Google Adsense and HubPages - Make Money Blogging
- Google Analytics - Maximize Your HubPages Earnings
- Google PageRank - How to Find Out a Website's PageRank