- Computers & Software
Windows 7 Tweaks: How To Disable Aero Snap Completely
Aero Snap is an interesting operating system feature, introduced in Windows 7. It is related to windows management and adds new possibilities on controlling the active or inactive windows in the taskbar.
As we move to larger and very high definition displays, the standard way of controlling windows (the buttons for maximize/minimize/restore etc.) can be less useful. Aero Snap introduces new ways of handling the windows positions, by allowing the user to add mouse gestures for particular actions.
Most users would probably find Aero Snap an interesting feature, but maybe not so useful, at least yet. Good is there is an easy way to disable it.
To disable Aero Snap, you need to enter the registry editor; do so with caution and be particularly careful what changes you make with it. The registry is the core of the operating system and installed software and any changes could prove fatal to the system.
1. Click at Start and type regedit. The registry editor will load.
2. From the tree view at the left, locate the branch HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
3. Double click at the entry with the name WindowArrangementActive. This value will be set to 0 by default, so you need to change it to 1.
4. Click OK and exit the registry editor.
You might need to restart the system in order for changes to take effect.
- Completely Free GPS Application For Your Android Smartphone
You do not have to pay to get a smart GPS application for your Android smartphone.
- Speed Up the Windows XP Start Menu
By editing a registry key, you can force the Start Menu to show entries faster.
- Why Text Messages (SMS) Consist Of Up To 160 Characters
Had you ever wondered why there is a maximum limit of characters per SMS, and why exactly does it have to be 160?
- Windows 7 Tweaks And Tips: How To Customize Taskbar Buttons
Change the way Windows 7 taskbar groups the different buttons through an easy registry value change.
- How To Have Faster Thumbnails View In Windows 7 Taskbar
Find out how you can