jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is sponsoring a designed web template a good way to get one-way backlinks?

1. Naomi Harcourt profile image55
    Naomi Harcourtposted 8 years ago

Is sponsoring a designed web template a good way to get one-way backlinks?

I just recently decided to try sponsoring a Wordpress theme as a way to get backlinks to my site. Has anyone else tried this and if so, what has been your experience?

2. Silver_Lotus profile image59
    Silver_Lotusposted 8 years ago

As someone who uses and is grateful for free and sponsored templates, I try to make sure that the authors' links are intact and work properly. So while I can't tell you how much business those authors ultimately get from those links, I can say that my analytics reports show that visitors to my sites click on those links.

As a user, I do visit those authors' sites to check out their blogs, ask questions, look at what they have to offer, and sometimes buy templates.

I think the key thing is to make sure your theme works really well. If the design is good and the theme doesn't create problems for users, over time you will get plenty of backlinks.

3. favoraffair profile image56
    favoraffairposted 8 years ago

i wouldn't do it. Footer links means thousands of links from the same page on whoever uses your template. So it will be the exact anchor text each time. They would look suspicious to me if i was a robot.

4. templatelite profile image56
    templateliteposted 8 years ago

By sponsoring the footer link of the Wordpress themes is a good way to diversify your external links. You get links from different class C IPs which are good in the eyes of Google.

5. SubmissionWork profile image37
    SubmissionWorkposted 7 years ago

If you want to get the backlinks for your food related websites than you should sponsored only those themes which are related to the Good and recipes.

But recently (As Matt) saying footer links will have less importance.

Watch this video of Matt Cutts for more information - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0fgh5RIHdE

working