jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

do u believe that surveillance camera violate man privacy?

1. profile image43
    jerry mangapanposted 8 years ago

do u believe that surveillance camera violate man privacy?

2. akmyamuna profile image52
    akmyamunaposted 8 years ago

Yes, I think so.

Recently apartment owner installed cameras on corridors, I do not know why, may be for security, but I very uncomfortable when I pass through those cameras.

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

I think it primarily depends on whether a person has a right to expect privacy in the particular situation.   We may not like cameras in all kinds of public places, but I don't think we have the expectation of privacy at the local shopping mall or bank.  It's reasonable to expect privacy somewhere like (even) public restrooms, so that would certainly be a violation.

I think in a place where people have the reasonable expectation of privacy (maybe a babysitter in someone else's home)  it would be a violation if the babysitter were not informed there were cameras.  The other part to that, though, is that I don't think, in someone else's home and being paid by those people, the babysitter has a right to expect the same privacy she could expect in her own home.  I think the difference between the babysitter and someone working at a company is a combination of her assuming there would be privacy in a home, as well as the more personal nature of her relationship with the parents.

I think most of us just kind of know there are cameras "everywhere" in public; but one thing I do think is a violation of a person's privacy in public is when someone that person would not expect to be taking their picture uses something like a cell phone camera to take their picture.  We expect businesses to have cameras and legitimate reasons for having them.  We don't expect fellow citizens to be taking our pictures or to have good reason for doing so.

4. borge_009 profile image82
    borge_009posted 8 years ago

It depends where it is installed.  Some places are equipped with it for some security purposes.

5. suzzane20 profile image53
    suzzane20posted 7 years ago

It depends where it is being installed. Because there are places who have rules to be followed. So, it's really important to be more cautioned about it.

working