jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why people use Windows (Microsoft OS)? Why not use Linux although they are free?

1. tinmoelintun profile image54
    tinmoelintunposted 7 years ago

Why people use Windows (Microsoft OS)? Why not use Linux although they are free?

2. arrow007 profile image62
    arrow007posted 7 years ago

People are used to Windows so much it is hard to switch to any other OS even though they are free. Apart from that it really hard to configure or install anything on Linux OS as compared to Windows. Getting any drivers for Linux is not an easy task.

Personally I love to have Linux OS as my primary box. Especially I would like to try Ubuntu.

3. OliverMTA profile image54
    OliverMTAposted 7 years ago

there are many applications which are available and much more easy to configure in this operating system.

4. DavitosanX profile image73
    DavitosanXposted 7 years ago

It's still the OS for which most programs are developed, and it does have good compatibility with most hardware. I use Ubuntu as my main OS, and I like it, but it can be complicated to use at first.

5. thesinkfiles profile image63
    thesinkfilesposted 7 years ago

most people are used to windows, and have been using it for years. Originally, you had to be a computer expert to even use linux as you had to compile the OS yourself when you installed it, and you had to configure all the drivers manually, and when it came to what little software it had to install, it had to be done via the command line.

now adays, it is more like windows or mac but it still has that sense of "you need to be an expert to use it" about it. Also, it doesn't come standard in the store so people would have to get rid of windows, or dual boot, and running the setup might scare some people.