jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

how do you tell someone you prefer them to call you over the telephone instead o

1. profile image52
    MrBingoposted 7 years ago

how do you tell someone you prefer them to call you over the telephone instead of sending a text mes

My son's mother in law prefers text messaging me instead of calling me and I hate it.  How do I tell her what I desire of her in way of future communicate.

2. frequentflyer profile image55
    frequentflyerposted 7 years ago

I think the best would be to just work it in, in a conversation. Just not in a rude way, maybe saying that if it is not to much trouble i do prefer calling instead of texting.

3. profile image44
    AbbieTurnbullposted 7 years ago

lots of people would rather call than text people.. what about saying something about how you feel about talking to this person but then saying you'd rather that person call you instead of texting, then you can hear that persons voice. smile hope this helps x

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Just tell her and don't answer texts, it's not hard.

5. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Send her a text informing her of you preference.  ;>)

6. jossecarr profile image60
    jossecarrposted 7 years ago

Talk to her personally and tell her that you prefer her calling you than sending you test messages. Then give her your telephone number just to remind her that you have one.

7. profile image53
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

just come right out & say so. don't sugar-coat it, just give it 2 them right between the eyes (not literally). never beat around the bush

8. neeleshkulkarni profile image41
    neeleshkulkarniposted 7 years ago

the best is to text her that wheras you do not mind text messaging when there is just information to be conveyed you really like the warmth of her voice and could you please call her instead of texting and would she like to do the same.