jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should I have recharge to my laptop daily?

1. profile image31
    nbbatt.composted 7 years ago

Should I have recharge to my laptop daily?

I have a doubt that by keeping charging daily to my laptop it may becomes hot and the life time of the battery may reduce.can anybody give me a advice to my doubt.

2. Dave Mathews profile image59
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Are you really as stupid as you appear to be asking a dumb question like that?

3. internett1t3 profile image56
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

Not necessarily just charge it if the battery is empty.

4. bettanywire profile image57
    bettanywireposted 7 years ago

Just charge your laptop if necessary, don't charge it while the battery is still full to avoid damage.

5. profile image0
    TechTrendyposted 7 years ago

I have read articles that are on both sides of the fence. One stated that when you first purchase your laptop to fully charge the battery then unplug it and use your laptop until the battery drains it's entire charge, then plug it back it in and leave it alone for at least 16 hours. Supposedly this extends the life of your battery. Honestly I'm not sure with all the laptops I've owned I have only had one battery totally quit on me. Others state if you leave your laptop plugged in all the time to remove the battery, but I am not a big fan of leaving the bottom exposed.

When I am at home and on my laptop I plug it in with the battery still in and have never ran into an issue. Now if your on the go use your battery for what it was meant for and just bring the power cord with you when you are running low on power. What I wouldn't suggest doing is leaving your laptop up and running all the time like a standard desktop computer. This most likely will degrade the life of your laptop and battery.

working