jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Does anyone else think that Facebook puts too much of your info out there

1. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Does anyone else think that Facebook puts too much of your info out there

Employers can look at it and business clients, e.g. In Australia there have been several cases where celebrities have been in hot water over stuff they said on Facebook.

2. profile image0
    PhilipRBTposted 7 years ago

I don't. If you don't want someone to know about something, don't put it on a social website like Facebook. People should control what they say so they don't get into trouble. And I wouldn't mind employers viewing me, I have nothing to hide!

3. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

It all depends on how you use it. I like the new privacy options and Facebook has also introduced groups so you can control who gets to see what status updates. I haven't seen many people use that feature though.

Unless employers are your Facebook friends, you can shield your profile so they cannot see what you have posted. I recommend anyone to investigate their privacy options to see if they are happy with them.

4. rocketjsqu profile image83
    rocketjsquposted 7 years ago

Facebook is just like any other media.  It only publishes what YOU put into it.  If you don't like what it does, don't use it.  If you have something to hide, the last thing you want to do is place it on a pinnacle with bright lights shining on it.  Although Facebook offers a multitude of free services to its users, it does so on the assumption that people will use some restraint in what they publish for the world to see.  As far as information security, it's only as safe as the steps YOU take to protect it.

5. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Many good points.                                                        .

6. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

Dont put on Facebook what you dont want others to see....keep your profile for  Friends only  ( not for all to see ) Privacy is best .

7. JCBS profile image59
    JCBSposted 7 years ago

i do. Facebook is Big Brother from 1984. The worst thing about this is we welcome it so much in our lives.

8. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

It's a fact that FB sells information to anyone willing to pay a good buck for it.  So making Zuckerberg man of the year shows where our heads are, we love money, even jerks with money.

Closed to reply

working