jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone else have no chosen religion that they live by?

1. Caitlyn Ramos profile image81
    Caitlyn Ramosposted 3 years ago

Does anyone else have no chosen religion that they live by?

I've never chosen a religion that I live by and I know I'm not alone but I just want to hear some other's opinions on the topic. Why do you choose not to stick to a religion? Do you believe in any or none?

2. SilentMagenta profile image70
    SilentMagentaposted 3 years ago

I was raised christian by my mother. However, humans who study the religion often make me not like the religion. I believe religion should be something as serious as marriage. Being saved to me is like a wedding to marry jesus himself. So I plan to take my time finding the perfect home (church) for me to be with him. If I can't find a excepting, non judgmental, and uplifting faith within the christian community I will not be choosing.

3. cjhunsinger profile image74
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

As a child some 60+ years ago, I was watching a parade go by and I found it quite boring. It was not my parade and there was no point in watching or participating. By the age of 14 or 15 I was determined to have my own parade in life and I did.
    I see life as a singular enterprise with great rewards,  providing one embraces life as a positive and a journey worth taking. It is much like starting your own business and then relinquishing control. The business is no longer yours and with regard to marching in someone else parade, as in religion, your life is no longer yours.

4. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

At age 9, I left the church of my grandfather (he was a Southern Baptist minister). I studied Scientology, Buddhism, Taoism, Judaism and Kabbalah. Then I studied Christianity. Now, I consider myself to be a non-denominational Christian. But I hold that label loosely. The only True religion is Love -- not physical love, but altruistic, non-self-concerned love. This is what Christ and Buddha taught. This seems to be what Lao Tzu was getting at, too. Authentic Kabbalists (not a religion, but a spiritual science) also talk about this.

Religious dogma and ceremony are not in my life. I keep looking for Truth and still let go of old beliefs as I find them imperfect.

Too many in the established Religions have big egos. They don't look for Truth. They are comfortable in their self-righteousness. They are afraid to let go of current beliefs. For me, the hunger for Truth is too great to stay at any one point on the path.