jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

External USB DVD/CD/R/RW Drivers

1. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

External USB DVD/CD/R/RW Drivers

My PC's internal DVD/CD etc.. is on the blink and I've looked at the possibility of an external driver. Are these ready to plug in and use out of the box or do I need other connections to connect it to my computer? I only need a basic one that is hopefully not too complicated to install and can work with Windows XP. Many thanks for taking the time to answer a dumbo on computers.

2. profile image0
    DJLurpsposted 7 years ago

You can easily buy a external DVD drive that will connect to the computer via USB, they are inexpensive and portable.

For example:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+F … 1&lp=1

This one would do the job fine for $30!

3. profile image52
    Tinaldposted 7 years ago

The external DVD/CD/R/RW drivers advantage over internal ones are that they are plug in.  So, you won't need any tools or to open the your computer to put them in.  They may have a software to install or the program migth even be within the usb, but you should not worry about it cause it will guide you through the installation process and you should be finish in no time at all.  In case there is a software to be install, it will be just like eating and anyone who either can read or follow the image can do it.

4. Ancillotti profile image60
    Ancillottiposted 7 years ago

Friend,

The great vantegem using a external driver is ease of use. By using the usb port just plug it he'll be ready for operation.
    I advise that I have carefully because it is a more sensitive puco for being without a rigid base securing them.

5. ishadi profile image60
    ishadiposted 7 years ago

external CD/DVD/Hard drive is auto detect by windows. You can use plug and play external CD/DVD/Hard drive, without install driver or software.

working