jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you carry your cell phone/mobile device with you everywhere you go?

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image97
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

Do you carry your cell phone/mobile device with you everywhere you go?

2. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do.  Not only that, I keep a back-up one with me.  LOL  Worse, maybe, neither of them is far from me when I sleep.  LOL

Oddly, I barely talk on the phone at all (other than for the occasional, quick, call), so it isn't that I'm "one of those people".  It's just that I have grown kids "out there" (as well as other family members), I want to anyone who wants/needs to be able to reach me to be able to.   So, I keep the "real" phone in my pocket and the back-up one tucked far away in my handbag and pretty much don't use either of them (except on Saturdays, when I'm at the grocery store and when everyone I know, as well as everyone I don't know, seems to call me when I get to the produce department).    smile

3. editor profile image58
    editorposted 6 years ago

Since I got an android phone I tend to, but being honest I usually have it on silent so I can't hear it ring. Odd behavior really.

I only answer the phone when I want to talk to the person ringing, not automatically when it rings. I know people who drop everything to answer a phone or respond to a text, which is also odd behavior IMO.

4. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Yes I do carry my cell phone everywhere, although I don't use it very often.  I keep it in my pocket so I can look to see what the time is (I don't like to wear a watch).

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do, but I rarely use it.  My husband and I have cell phones for emergencies and to be able to make a quick call saying we are on the way home or whatever.

6. myi4u profile image59
    myi4uposted 6 years ago

Yes, though I seldom use it for calls. I play games most of the time as well as browsing. It just keeps me occupied.

My wife used to have a Son Ericsson C903 basic phone. She can always leave home without it. Now that she has an iPhone, she always carries it around, wherever she goes. I guess the phone's functionalities changes users' behaviour and perspective!

7. mrpooper profile image58
    mrpooperposted 6 years ago

No, I need my alone time in the bathroom. It goes everywhere else with me though.

8. supplies expert profile image60
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

yes at all times, it's great to have considering i have an android phone and can use it for GPS, online browsing, and even music in my car, since I hook it up to my car stereo.  I very rarely use it other than for music and the occasional GPS needs I have.  As for calling, I use it to try and make plans on my way home from work on Thursday and Friday nights, that's about it.

working