Can you live your life without the use of your mobile or cell phone?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)
  1. PK2010 profile image66
    PK2010posted 12 years ago

Can you live your life without the use of your mobile or cell phone?

2. Tracy Lynn Conway profile image94
    Tracy Lynn Conwayposted 12 years ago

I have considered this question since I only use my cell phone occasionally. I have to say that I could live without it.  I have a standard cell phone and only use it to call my house to check in now and then. I have a land line and use that more often.

3. myi4u profile image59
    myi4uposted 12 years ago

Yes, I can. And I have already done that for the first 17 years of my life as I got my first mobile phone when I was 18.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

i don't have one , so yes i can. i honestly think this need for cell phones is rediculous. i run a sucessful business and i refuse to have one. if you can't get ahold of me, leave a message on my home phone and i'll get back to you.

5. Steven Huffer profile image60
    Steven Hufferposted 12 years ago

YES YES YES!!!!    I lost my phone and it was so blissful to have people actually have face to face conversations with you.  Especially, if they were worried about you, to see the joy on their faces when they realized you were perfectly well and good.  Then when going out to get a coffee giving them your undivided attention.  This gives them a sense that you are really interested in them, instead of looking down to see who just texted them.

6. supplies expert profile image62
    supplies expertposted 12 years ago

Since I bought my first cell phone, I have always had it on me, except for a few vacations, camping/hiking trips, kayaking trips, etc.  But as much as I had enjoyed those trips without a cell phone, I don't quite think I could realistically live without my phone.  Traffic isn't as bad on my way home from work when I can talk on the phone with someone.  Or the time my car broke down and I needed to call a tow truck (I checked later on, only pay phone was 2 miles away).  I mean in this era of the world it's almost necessary for you to have a cell phone or a means of communication with you at all times, and well, not that I ignore people to use my phone, but it's good to have on me just in case of an emergency or need to waste some time driving down the highway.

7. ivantsoft profile image60
    ivantsoftposted 12 years ago

i would love to but i can't. however, when i get out of city to go fishing i switch off the phone

8. point2make profile image59
    point2makeposted 12 years ago

Don't own one.....don't use one!. I have never sent or received a text message in my life.... true freedom is wonderful.

9. PlanksandNails profile image81
    PlanksandNailsposted 12 years ago

Most don't realize they are slaves to their mobile devices or cell phones which have resulted in walking and driving "cell phone zombies". A "slave to the grind zombie" ultimately breeds communication attention deficit syndrome to the outside world and sacrifices personal health.

For example, real estate agents would not be efficient in their occupation without their own personal mobile devices, but to work that hard on their devices day and night will slowly microwaves their brains increasing the probability of a brain tumor.

("Can you live your life without the use of your mobile or cell phone?")

For me, the cons outweigh the pros. I find my time is more "benign"  than "malignant" without one.

10. abrarr profile image58
    abrarrposted 12 years ago

yess but i can't live without my computer and DSL

11. JasonCulley profile image61
    JasonCulleyposted 12 years ago

It may be sad to say but I don't think I could?  I have owned a SmartPhone for about a year now and I guess you could call me a slave to it.  For a few years prior I owned several older style cell phones that if I forgot to take with me or misplaced was no big deal.  But if I walk out of my house now without my phone I might as well be leaving without my pants, I will go back to get it.  I am constantly checking it, or playing games, or seeing whats going on with my family/friends on Facebook.

12. Rpenafiel profile image61
    Rpenafielposted 12 years ago

Yes, I can live without a cell phone. But I cannot deny the fact that my life will never be as easy when I have a cell phone with me. We all know that communicating with people is an indispensable thing in our day to day life. And cell phones are very helpful tools to make it a lot easier for us to reach out to others.

13. luvmygirlz profile image65
    luvmygirlzposted 12 years ago

Not sure that I could do that! I think I would be lost lol

14. profile image0
    jasper420posted 12 years ago

i use to think not until my cell phone broke and i lived without one until i coud afford to get a new one it seemed like forever but it was realy just a month

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)