jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Can you live without your cell phone for 1 week?

1. cyoung35 profile image87
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

Can you live without your cell phone for 1 week?

are you so dependant on technology that you can't separate yourself from it for 1 week?

2. Bills Place profile image82
    Bills Placeposted 6 years ago

My phone, sure I could go a week without it. Heck, it's out of minutes as I type (wish they would hurry up and send my taxes though).... Now, if your question had been "can you go a week without using the computer", that would be totally different! I can go with minimal use of a computer, but not for a whole week. After all I have to check multiple email accounts, being a freelance web designer makes it even harder, and of course my social networking addictions.

I love my desktop when I'm home, laptop for road trips, now if only I had a computer in the glove department of my car I'd be in Nerdvana! lol

3. khawk profile image58
    khawkposted 6 years ago

No. Being without my phone for a week would be like going back to the dark ages.  I have a samsung galaxy that I use everyday from texting to translating my kids Irish homework.  Also, the thing stays glued to me all the time, so I would feel like I was missing an arm or a leg for a week!

4. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

I recently went on a family reunion boat trip and was without phone and Internet for a week.  It was fabulous.  Everyone hung out and talked without looking down at their laps for a quick fix.  It was a nice change to see people walking and looking around rather than text-walking
    The second we were back in range, however, I went on a frenzy of Facebooking, emailing, and Googling.  Ahhh.

5. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

I live without my mobile all the time, I only swithch it on if I need to use it in emergency.  We have lived for millenia without electronics we would be less than human to become dependent on them.

6. AfricaResource profile image63
    AfricaResourceposted 6 years ago

I highly doubt it, as bad as it sounds my life almost revolves around my phone these days!

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

if you can't , you need your head checked, nuff said.

8. wetnosedogs profile image60
    wetnosedogsposted 6 years ago

I have a basic simple cell phone and if it wasn't for emergency uses, such as grandkids, I wouldn't miss the phone so much for a week. I'm not a phone talker or texter, only when I have to.  I have no other phone, so I depend on the cell phone in case something happens.

9. shwetha123 profile image72
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

today our life is so much depended on technology that we can not even imagine our life without it. For me its impossible to live without my cell phone even for a single day.