jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Can you live without your cell phone for a day?

1. quildon profile image78
    quildonposted 4 years ago

Can you live without your cell phone for a day?

Almost everyone seems to be using their cellphones constantly. Can you do without yours for a day?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8371700_f260.jpg

2. liesl5858 profile image89
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

I believe I can, I don't use it for chatting but I use it for texting, emergency, and use it as a timer at work. It is like the television, I don't watch T.V. now, I only watch T.V. if there is a program that interest me.

quildonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good for you. Using it as a timer is a good idea. I must remember that one.

3. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Yes!  Great question.  Last year my son had a lot of medical issues.  The phone rang nonstop.  It was disappointing that all I had time to do was talk on the phone. 

Now I leave my phone off most days and answer it when I get to it.  My friends have learned that I take my work very seriously and that means not allowing phone calls to interrupt me unless I am on a break.  It used to boggle my mind how many random phone calls I would receive about nothing and it would eat up the time I had to focus on my work.  While I do like to make time for my friends, I like to do so up close and in person.   I like to invite them for a coffee or lunch.  It's much more personal that way and I feel I can contribute more to their life than by chatting from afar on the other end of the dial tone.

Yes, I can understand your phone ringing nonstop if you have a crisis, but it does eat up your time. I'm like you. I prefer to talk to my friends face to face, but I have some friends who live far away so I chat with them on the phone weekly.

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I'll be honest, no I can't. I use it for my night job to navigate to different homes. I use it to communicate with my children when I am not home. I use it to keep in contact with family that are three hours away. I use it for entertainment. I use it for far too many things to give it up even for a day. I have no desire to be without it.

I like your honest answer. I think a cellphone is good for keeping in touch with your kids.

5. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

I have to constantly keep my phone on me for work. I do get about 4 days a month where I dont need to be on stand by however. I usually turn off my phone the entire day. Does anyone else here have to be on call for work? If so , do you do what i do? I dont want to even acknowledge mine when I dont have to.

Oh yes, a cellphone is a necessity when it comes to your work. Thanks for your comment.

6. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Yes. I forgot my cell at my parent's house when we had dinner. Two days without my phone, and I survived! So can teenagers... We can always live without electronics.

Absolutely!

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I absolutely could live without my cell phone for a day or a week. I rarely use it. Have no texting or internet service on it. I use it for emergencies or to check in at home if I am running late.

So can I, although I do have texting and internet service, but I rarely use them. Thanks for your comment.

8. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

I might go into withdrawal as our Internet has been going down lately. I spend time texting, finding answers to questions, visiting sites hubpages, Pinterest twitter. I might survive if I could get involved in projects and visit friends  and spend time with family. Even my dear husband. And smell the roses.

I hear you, but try spending more time with family and friends and see what happens.

9. kknde profile image60
    kkndeposted 4 years ago

I think so. but it won;t be very easy:).

Thanks for your comment

working