jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How important to you is your cell phone or smart phone and do you think you coul

1. Eric Calderwood profile image82
    Eric Calderwoodposted 4 years ago

How important to you is your cell phone or smart phone and do you think you could live without it?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 4 years ago

Not important at all,  My wife has a mobile as she now does all the driving, and it may be needed in an emergency.  It is used once every six months to fulfil the contract requirements, otherwise, neither of us ever use it.  We have been living for thousands of years without mobiles, or any other form of telephones,so yes, you, me, old uncle Tom Cobley, and all, can live without telephones.

3. writerjj profile image83
    writerjjposted 4 years ago

for my case, my smart mobile companion is quite important. am actually quite thankful to modern smartphones as it eliminate the hassles of bringing numerous gadgets and other needed items smile

the smartphone and headset, in a way, are all the tools i need to accomplish simple productive and entertainment tasks - taking down notes, using the audio recorder, video and audio player, ebook reader, GPS, compass, alarm clock, organizer, instead of remembering little details like price tag - will simply use the camera to take a quick snap, etc... smile

4. carman58 profile image77
    carman58posted 4 years ago

My smartphone is VERY important to me and my constant companion, however, I could of course survive without it, however survival would be a less informed and less fun existance smile

5. jonathanago profile image82
    jonathanagoposted 4 years ago

well, last year I had my HTC sensation and it went out of business after a fall onto the ground. I spent 5 months without a proper smartphone and it was difficult, but I survived. It is a luxury in many sense, but a necessity for my business. But again, I managed.

6. shuck72 profile image83
    shuck72posted 4 years ago

I grew up before cell phones were around so it wouldn't be a big deal to go without one for me.  In fact, the thought of not being reachable 24/7 sounds kind of nice sometimes.  The current generation, however, likely would disagree as they have grown up with them and they are almost like an extra appendage for some.  It will be interesting to see how wired up with technology we all are in 10-20 years from now.

7. JimTxMiller profile image79
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

My cell phone is of very little importance. I could easily toss it and forget it if my wife would let me.

8. adrienne2 profile image62
    adrienne2posted 4 years ago

Well, I never thought I would be an individual who found a smart phone to be important.  However, in this day of technology and all the mobile apps that are available I find it very important to have my smart phone. I use it for keeping up with posting for class, navigation, weather temps, and travel alerts.  I could live without it I remember the days when I did not even think of owning a cell phone.

9. Msmillar profile image95
    Msmillarposted 4 years ago

Good question Eric Calderwood! I find myself asking the very same question when I see a couple having dinner or walking together and their cell phone goes off and they actually take the call!
    Like most people, I enjoy the convenience of the technology we have today. It's incredible where we have gone with cellular power!  I could live without one, but I don't want to. I do have a limit to where my cell phone is allowed to interrupt me.
    Visiting with family or friends, no phone (it waits in the car).  Breakfast, lunch or dinner with anyone, no phone.  Anytime I'm talking with someone, no phone.
    Recently I invited a young friend for a short shopping trip. When we arrived at the store he commented, "Don't forget your phone".  When I replied, "No, I leave it in the car." he was astonished.  I gave him my reasoning, "I am with who I want to be with. I want to focus on our shopping trip and you, not on who may be calling me. Your what is important to me right now. The phone can wait in the car for us. Text messages and phone calls will be there when we get back."  He really appreciated what I told him and tossed his phone back into the car too stating, "They'll be waiting when we get back". I responded, " Exactly".
    Cell phones are great, but you are more important.

10. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

I can definately live without my cell phone. Plus, there is no smart phone in my purse. That's only for my husband. He's spoiled.

11. rainpurplewine profile image81
    rainpurplewineposted 4 years ago

It's very important,but if I had to live without it I probably could for a short while.  There is internet and that's a major way of communicating as well.  Also, I enjoy writing letter so if it came down to it, the mail system still works. lol

working