jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you choose who you will follow?

1. danielleantosz profile image74
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

How do you choose who you will follow?

I know following others leads to more follows, but how many people actually pay attention before they click?  I look at profiles and maybe a hub or two to see if I actually like the writer.  I see a lot of profiles that are nothing but links..I don't follow them as their profiles seem too self promotional.  Which people do you follow?

2. K. Burns Darling profile image84
    K. Burns Darlingposted 6 years ago

I also read profiles and look at their hubs first.  I tend to avoid those who have nothing by real estate hubs, sales oriented hubs, and most of the over-saturated financial and fitness sector. I just prefer that what I read have more heart.   I don't mind if they have posted their other site links, as I have the link to one of my other blogs, my fb link,  I often hub hop and will follow anyone who's hub has impressed me.  And yes, I do make an attempt to read and to comment on a good portion of those that I follow on a regular basis.

3. wilbury4 profile image73
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

If a person or a persons topics interest you then follow them, if they don't interest you then don't follow them, simple as that.

4. sonia05 profile image59
    sonia05posted 6 years ago

I look at the hubbers' profile and the kind of hubs he/she has written. It the topics interest me,I follow them.

5. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

If it looks to me as if the person writes the kind of stuff I like to read, I'll follow that person.  I may not be able to read everything the person writes, but it gives me an idea of where to look when I have time to read.  I also read the Hubs of people I don't generally follow, so that cuts into time for reading too.  Mostly, I look for "general writing", rather than one person who writes about all the same stuff.  I never want to read product/sales Hubs at all.  I never read SEO-overloaded stuff with a bunch of links.  Something else I won't read is stuff that looks like the person struggles with English grammar.  Another kind of Hubber is the one who posts as his user picture a photo of a model or actress with the idea that doing that will get more traffic.  I like all kinds of different subjects, though; so that leaves a whole lot of people I might like to follow.

Basically, I look for "real writing" (complete with substance, decent grammar, paragraphs, etc.), as opposed to quickie-looking "blurbs" with links that suggest more substantial information can be found there (when, really, there's no substance "there" either).

6. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

I look for Hubbers, subjects and writing techniques that grab my interest.

7. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 6 years ago

I agree with others. Just don't follow without reading the hubs. Read an article I wrote called How New Hubberscore Ruin Their Hubscore

8. writeido profile image73
    writeidoposted 6 years ago

I am actually very choosy about who I follow. I normally don't look at anyone's articles with an intention to follow or otherwise. But if I see myself reading a couple or 3 of an author's hubs over time then I make a point to follow them.