jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Can you live without your mobile phone?

1. nayaz1625 profile image76
    nayaz1625posted 6 years ago

Can you live without your mobile phone?

Technology has made man so dependent. Look around and see alll the gadgets and appliances that did not exist when our parents were our age. Yet they managed to live. Today, we have so many gadgets to ease our life. But at the same time are they not making us too dependent. For instance, can you live without your mobile phone?

2. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 6 years ago

To be honest, I didn't think I could. I disconnected my cellphone about a month ago since I am leaving for USMC basic training soon and I didn't see it fit to sign a new contract. In the beginning it was tough. It feels like something is wrong, as if something is missing. But as time passes, I got used to it. It's not as hard as it seems, that's for certain.

3. streak profile image55
    streakposted 6 years ago

Yes I can but I need a laptop with internet connection.

According to me every thing has two phases good and bad and its up to you that which part you choose.

Latest technologies bring so many opportunities for us and make our life comfortable. Our country and our growth also depends latest technologies.

Just think if mobile or internet was not invented then how is your present life.

4. fawwad hussaini profile image60
    fawwad hussainiposted 6 years ago

Agreed with Kle above

its really difficult to adopt a change but yes its possible.

you are asking about cell phone, what if you dont have electricity !!!

we have experienced no electricity for hours on daily basis and still we continue all our routine live.
    same working hours, household stuff, social gatherings so on...

yes its pathetic but when you have no option, you make new ways...

take it as a challenge , best of luck

5. supplies expert profile image60
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

It's hard to give up something you're used to, and realistically everything that everyone has had there's been people without it.  Including people from the early 1900's who grew up on farms with no electricity, at least they had shelter, and some sort of heat, and some sort of way to cook. I mean we're ever adapting and growing more technological.  I think as individuals we can take the initiative to learn how to live without these amenities.  Go camping, enjoy the outdoors.

But at the same time, a mobile smart phone for a navigation, emergencies while driving, and an everyday organizer, it's understandable why so many people are addicted to their mobile phones.

6. profile image54
    raketeer_momposted 6 years ago

I did. When hubby and I got married, mobile phones become useless. smile

7. AllSuretyBonds profile image56
    AllSuretyBondsposted 6 years ago

I probably could live without it but it would be a hard adjustment. The other day I had to lend my phone to my brother because he needed more than I did and I knew I would have a land phone that people could reach me at so I let him take it and the whole day I found myself going to reach for my phone and going to try to text or call someone. I lived but I did realize how much I use my phone everyday.

8. Sunny2o0o profile image70
    Sunny2o0oposted 6 years ago

Absolutely.  I resent my mobile phone with a passion, although it is mildly useful at times.

9. ibbarkingmad profile image81
    ibbarkingmadposted 6 years ago

Yes I could. Would I like it? No. Would life be a little harder without it. Maybe, maybe not. I like having if for the tool that it is. If it disappeared tomorrow and I would never get one ever again then that would be tough, but there is more to life than gadgets and things. As long as I had my family, my faith, food, water and shelter then I can live without anything else.

10. KateWest profile image76
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

If I were only corresponding with the older generation, yes. But with the younger crowd, fewer people read emails and everyone texts. So I guess I'm trapped.

working