jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Google + and search engines

1. whoisbid profile image77
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Google + and search engines

I noticed today that when I did my Google Plus that it appeared immediately in Google search. I posted a link to my facebook wall inside Google + but noticed it still cannot be found in Google. Do you think that there an advantage in using Google + for search engine visibility? Is this a nice carrot on the end of a stick and good reason to use Google+? Will it mean the end of facebook?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5542959_f260.jpg

2. vinner profile image75
    vinnerposted 6 years ago

Now social networks are contributing to a very large amount of traffic which even a search engine giant like google cannot ignore

3. waynet profile image75
    waynetposted 6 years ago

There certainly is an advantage to using Google+ but we'll have to see how that pans out and Facebook will never end, there's too much money involved now!

4. supplies expert profile image61
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

Yeah I think there will be an advantage to using Google + for search engine visibility, I have been meaning to start using Google + for a while, I added the +1 buttons on my sites, but haven't really done much else yet.

On a side note, haha I've been trying to figure out how this picture relates to the question and just can't quite figure it out haha

5. NerdyWerds profile image60
    NerdyWerdsposted 6 years ago

There will definitely be an impact on search. If your friend +1's a page, it automatically appears on your first page results. I believe Google has even said their algorithm is getting more socially in tune. I don't see Facebook losing all 850 million users. I mean, Myspace is still around.

working