Is apple making same mistake with Android as they make with windows ?

1. sushant143 profile image61
    sushant143posted 6 years ago

Is apple making same mistake with Android  as they make with windows ?

2. jeyaramd profile image76
    jeyaramdposted 6 years ago

Apple is particular in holding a monopoly in the market. And, I think Apple has enough fans that it can get away with restricting many of its apps to the app store and by neglecting Android. For instance, you can use your Ipad 2 to connect to an iphone only for internet use. There were particular that you could not connect ipad 2 to a blackberry phone or a samsung phone for instance. So, I don't see Apple working with Android in the future. I think they have great apps and they will probably want to have control over all their apps through the quality assurance associate with the app store. For instance, this holiday season, many developers are rushing to get their apps to the app store before Apple takes a one week vacation. These same developers would have no such restriction with Android. They can place their android apps for sale even through amazon. Also, blackberry is also restricting their apps to their app store. However, the difference is that blackberry playbook has an android player to help with android apps. However, they still have to be purchased through their store. I can see playbook adapting a free model like android. However, I doubt Apple with go that route. Also, I don't think they are making a mistake. Windows was a bit different, because it was a major software. And, I think they can easily replicate or create their own little apps.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I have had a lot of computers, and other devices and I think Apple technology is the best.  I now have an iMac and would never go back. Their operating system is nothing like Windows so no mistake there.  Yes, they do have a monopoly but I believe they do because nothing can match their seamless technology.

working