jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you feel about SOPA: the Stop Online Piracy Act?

1. learnlovelive profile image60
    learnloveliveposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about SOPA: the Stop Online Piracy Act?

What can be done about it?

2. sparkster profile image92
    sparksterposted 6 years ago

A very important subject, I have been planning on writing a hub about this.  A few days ago when I visited AboveTopSecret there was a banner at the top of the page warning about SOPA, they also claim that Spain have already been been bribed into accepting SOPA because the US allegedly threatened to cut off their media funding.  I also noticed an anti-SOPA app on Android market today that allows people to collectively oppose the SOPA bill.

3. VidaLovesLife profile image74
    VidaLovesLifeposted 6 years ago

I feel it's another over reaction from our legislators akin to thousands of other laws, codes and regulations clogging our free society.   It is an unnecessary surgical approach to a wound that merits a rightful treatment.  No one wants plagiarism and infringement but it is not the answer.  Patriotic Act is another example.  We no longer have privacy, confidentiality and real individual security.  The Big Brother is truly here and omnipresent.  Most people are not aware.

4. Bills Place profile image85
    Bills Placeposted 6 years ago

I read up about this after seeing a warning on Craigslist, Facebook and some other sites and I don't like it at all. Simply put, if it passes the internet will not be the same. It will be more targeted for big business's then for the every day user. Giving people business's the right to black list a site and have it shut down if they feel it hinders their sales.

I honestly don't think it should pass because it's taking yet another part of peoples freedom as Americans away.

working