jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do I delete temporary files, cookies, etc. on Firefox?

1. homesteadbound profile image88
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

How do I delete temporary files, cookies, etc. on Firefox?

I have recently started using Firefox and cannot figure out where to click to delete these files to keep things cleaned up. Can someone please help?
    I know on explorer I would click on the gear, but I can't figure this one out.

2. brittanytodd profile image95
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Go to Tools, then Options, then Privacy.  Here's an article with step-by-step instructions: http://www.mytechguide.com/123/how-to-c … a-firefox/

3. ajayshah2005 profile image55
    ajayshah2005posted 6 years ago

Alternate way to delete all:
    1. Go to START
    2. go to RUN
    3. type %temp%
    4. press ENTER or OK
    5. now you can delete all temporary files manually
    6. At last EMPTY your recycle bin

4. homesteadbound profile image88
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

Thanks guys! I got it taken care of with your help!

5. Anil and Honey profile image63
    Anil and Honeyposted 6 years ago

Temporary files is useless files so we should remove it from our computer. so you select the 'run' and write '%temp%'. at that time you can visible temporary files.then select all and press 'delete button'.

6. RGNestle profile image82
    RGNestleposted 6 years ago

It depends on which version you are using.

If you are using the newest version, all you need to do is click on the top, left of the window where it has the orange "Firefox" button. When it opens, hover on "History" and choose "Clear Recent History".

This will open up a box in which you can choose what you want to delete. Make your choices and then click the "Clear Now" button at the bottom left and it will clear what you want cleared. Sometimes it takes a little longer than at others, but it will finish and you can continue your journey on the Internet.

You can also chose Start Private Browsing from the root menu and you won't have to worry about clearing cookies and history files.

In older versions of Firefox, you would click on "Tools" in the menu bar and then follow the above instructions from "Clear Recent History" on.

Take care and best wishes!