jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you Pintrest? If so what do you use it for?

1. lmarsh1203 profile image60
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

Do you Pintrest? If so what do you use it for?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

Yes I do and I love it.  It is a very visual way to organize ideas.  I save recipes, home decor ideas, favorite art/design inspirations.  I have also used it to successfully promote certain hubs.  smile

3. DonnaCosmato profile image95
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

Yes, I was using it. However, I became concerned about potential copyright issues after researching the matter more carefully, so currently I'm in "wait and see" mode to make a decision about whether to continue using their service.

4. alifeofdesign profile image90
    alifeofdesignposted 6 years ago

I've just recently had a conversation regarding Pinterest and it's uses for business.  I use Pinterest for personal eye-candy, but I think it has unlimited potential. I'm currently organizing photos of individuals who are thyroid cancer survivors to post on one of my Pinterest boards to help with thyroid cancer awareness. I'll be anxious to see the responses and to see if I get anyone to re-pin.

5. datavirtue profile image56
    datavirtueposted 6 years ago

Checked it out, but found it very saturated with crap and naked people. It was so bad I question the value of such a site. I signed up, selected the categories I'm interested in and it made me a follower of some other "pinners"--my home page resembled nothing I was interested in. Maybe it is because I'm a guy, and there are no guys on there. My verdict: Pintrest is out of control and without focus. Businesses are hungry to exploit it and the Pintrest people are desperately looking for a way to make money off it.

My wife has mentioned it is a great place for recipes, but she likes looking at food for some reason.