jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Will social media lead to eventual downfall of society?

1. KhronicThoughts profile image61
    KhronicThoughtsposted 5 years ago

Will social media lead to eventual downfall of society?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6232032_f260.jpg

2. Mervyn Ludick profile image60
    Mervyn Ludickposted 5 years ago

Nah I think it will only improve society, as it brings more people and businesses together!! smile

3. Agantum profile image60
    Agantumposted 5 years ago

I think that society is the interaction of people with one another.  Social media has been a way that people can interact with one another.  The downfall of one method of communication over another is more likely than the downfall of society. 

Over the last hundred plus years, one form or another of social media has become popular and sometimes faded.  Newspapers, cinema and television, letters, telegrams and telephone conversations, email, sms, instant messaging, voip and interactive web sites.

I do not know which future creations, or what combination of existing technology of today will be the most popular social media in the future, but I am confident that people will continue to communicate with other people in which ever way they think is the easiest or most enjoyable.

So, will social media lead to eventual downfall of society?  No.

4. KhronicThoughts profile image61
    KhronicThoughtsposted 5 years ago

i would agree with the both of you if it wasnt for the fact that when you put people so in contact its really easy to cuase mass hysteria and with all the millions of users  and all the information that is shared whats to stop anyone really from exploting it. a few promi
    ses by a ceo who own personal info was leaked.

5. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

No,but the overall control of social media should be implemented to the point that it does not escape from the realm of being voided or restrained if there is a national or governmental risk involved. There has been several examples of this happening where national risk were involved lately and should serve as an example that too much free reign can be a hazardous thing in the best interest of our society. We do have the rights of free speech under the constitution, yet should there be a limit to what we go when it is harmful to the good of the majority?I believe that the social media we have today reflects the high intellect and fantastic gains in technology of this century's people and is, overall, a plus in continuing our forward progress.

working