How do you add memory upgrades to your computer or laptop?
Where do you get them from and how exactly do you upgrade your computer with additional memory?
RAM - random access memory is what you're looking for.
go to any computer store and ask for it, they'll have it.
things you need to know...
1. to upgrade you need to check what type you currently have in your system. there are different speeds of RAM and different types too... if you can take a sample to the sales person that would be easier for them to know what you actually need. if you get the wrong one your pc will not boot up. you will not lose any data or anything but the system will just not start.
2. if you hear (i think 5 or 7) beeps when you start your machine then the ram is not installed properly or your video card needs to be taken out and put back in.
3. make sure you have an extra slot for the extra ram ... if not then you will need to replace the current one with one that has more capacity. for example 1 chip - 1gb instead of 1 chip 512mb.
4. on laptops you do not need to open the whole laptop ... on the back of the laptop somewhere in the middle you'll see a portion that you can unscrew ... when you open that portion you'll see the extra slot. the size of the ram chip is much smaller in laptops than desktops.
5. sometimes the motherboard does not support more than a certain amount of ram. for example when i upgraded my laptop a 2gb chip did not work but a 1 gb chip worked. the max my board could handle was 2gb in total.
hope that helps.
by Nizam Khan 5 years ago
How much RAM do you have in your 64 bit system?
by nbbatt.com 7 years ago
Is it better to have a 1GB or two 512 MB RAM in a computer?
by Caleb 5 years ago
What do you look for when you shop for a new computer?Looking for a new can be frustrating and tedious. It can also be enjoyable. What do you look for when you are shopping for a new computer?
by Carolee Samuda 5 years ago
I am planning on getting a new computer. I didn't want a laptop because I have a netbook already. I need something more powerful than I have now and I have three choices at the store where I plan to shop.1) A regular PC: 2GB memory; 500GB hard-drive; 18.5 LED monitor; DVD+/-RW; Intel Dual Core...
by jordanc.terrell 7 years ago
What Kind of Laptop should I get?? Suggestions pleaseWith the Price range of $400-700. It's for school and I have a lot a music. Maybe have counter strike on there as well.
by DreamerMeg 7 months ago
Best children's computer for 6 - 9 year old?I am thinking of buying a child's laptop computer for Christmas for a 6 - 9 year old. I have looked at a number on Amazon and the best so far seems to be the Leap Pad version 2, it get a good rating. A number of children's computers get slated for...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|