What is DNS Hosting? Can I get it for free?

1. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

What is DNS Hosting? Can I get it for free?

The company I registered my Domain Name with charges for DNS Hosting to point my domain name to my Blogger account.  Is there any way I could get it for free elsewhere?

2. padmendra profile image44
    padmendraposted 6 years ago

I think the details given below will solve your purpose:

Host your own site on your own connection from home/work/school/etc
    Access your computer with a name (like zeus.afraid.org or yourdomain.com) instead of a numeric IP address
    Run your own http server, ftp server, or anything you want to install on your computer/server
    Fetchable URL to update your IP instantly on our network if you have a dynamic address
    Hosts even work for your LAN. If you have a LAN connected to the internet you can point hosts to private IP addresses (even private IPv6 addresses) and they will work within your network
    Let your friends point theirname.yourdomain.com to their own connection
    Use web forwarding to transparently redirect a hostname to another URL. Let our servers handle the redirection
    afraid.org has been un-interrupted for hundreds of days at a time
    afraid.org is operated from multiple redundant high capacity well connected servers

3. Zubair Ahmed profile image79
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

If you have bought your domain name from that company then they should not be charging you extra for that - Domain Name Server (DNS) hosting.

That should have been included in the cost you paid for your domain name - I would check the small prints from when you purchased your domain name.

There are other companies which offer DNS services - search on Google for Domain name hosting services.

You can also get free domain name from co.cc (okay it's semi professional) but if your starting off small then a free domain is better than nothing.

Send me an email if you need any further advice - check out my profile if you wish to see the free domain name in action.

working