jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

How is your weekend internet use different from your weekday internet use?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

How is your weekend internet use different from your weekday internet use?

I am trying to analyze internet trends and culture.  It seems that web traffic varies significantly on the weekends from the regular weekdays traffic.  How does the way you use the internet on the weekend differ from the way you use the internet on a weekday?

2. TheInspiredLife profile image83
    TheInspiredLifeposted 6 years ago

Since I work online, I am on most of the time during the week. Much of it is for work, some is for my personal interests. I take the weekends off now, so if I am online it will only be for personal projects or just talking to friends on Facebook. I am online far more during the week than on the weekends.

Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your input TheInspiredLife.  I have noticed less traffic on the weekends.  Weekdays are more for internet usage.  Weekends are busier in general, and internet usage is more limited for personal projects and keeping up with friends.

3. Sadie14 profile image88
    Sadie14posted 6 years ago

I'm online a lot more on weekdays than weekends. There is a lot more to do on the weekends unless I'm working. The only things I use the internet for on weekends are to check my hub account (everyday!) or to look up where something is.

Thanks for your input Sadie14. It makes sense that you are online more on the weekdays.  There are lots of things to do on the weekends, like going out. Hope your hub account keeps getting bigger and bigger!

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I probably use it less on the weekend because I try to spend time with family and rest from the computer usage. I do  check emails for anything important but I stay away from anything that needs a lengthy action or reply.

Thanks for your input Dianna.  It makes sense to save the weekends for family and stay away from the computer at that time.

5. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 6 years ago

My house gets quieter on the weekend. My husband is home and will fix meals. Most of the kids have a habit of disappearing on the weekends  I frequently get more writing accomplished on the weekend.  He likes to read ;I am out of his hair and not asking him to do anything if I am writing.

Thanks for your input tirelesstraveler.  You are able to write more during the weekends, so you are not spending as much time surfing the net.

6. savingkathy profile image93
    savingkathyposted 5 years ago

I find I spend less time on the computer during the weekends than I do during the week. We are usually busy doing family stuff on the weekends. When I do use the computer on the weekend, I am much more likely to spend my time browsing and reading articles than working or writing.

I have been accustomed to traffic drops on my hubs on weekends, as have many others. However, for the past few weekends, I have noticed an increase rather than a decrease in traffic. I'm waiting to see if it happens again this weekend!

working