jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hp or Dell....Which is the better laptop to buy?

1. ashish04joshi profile image72
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

Hp or Dell....Which is the better laptop to buy?

I don't intend to use it much for gaming...just for academic purposes, like presentations, seminars, lectures and all.
    And also for browsing net.

2. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Don't get either HP or Dell.  Check out an Apple.  The new MacBook Pro was just released with more features.  I have owned Apples for almost 20 years.  They are much more intuitive to use.  There is no "Alt+F7" or whatever to do something.  Why on a Window's operating system do you have to go to "Start" to turn the computer OFF?
    I do all the things you want to do.  I am not a gamer.  I use free software from Open Office to do all of the things PCs do with Microsoft Office.  The files can be exchanged between the 2 programs.

ashish04joshiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually I'm based in India...and I'm not sure if I can get an 'Apple' or 'Mac' here...so right now for me, hp and dell are the best bets.
      Of course, budget is also a factor...I need something under 50,000 INR (~1000 U.S. Dollars).

3. Mittalmailbox profile image70
    Mittalmailboxposted 5 years ago

Both companies make good products. Dell latest 15R with ivy bridge is great product. You can get it at 45000INR at official dell india website. If you want to spend less you can get similar almost specifications at 39000 in ASUS K53. ASUS make very good performance laptops.

ashish04joshiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info...
      I'm using Acer (i3) right now for some time.
      Let's see which one I buy finally.
      I'm also hearing good reviews about Lenovo Tetra....something!!!

2. Mittalmailbox profile image70
      Mittalmailboxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

haven't heard anything like this, do check online reviews before buying.

working