jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Which is better: Blogger or Wordpress?

1. topquark profile image78
    topquarkposted 5 years ago

Which is better: Blogger or Wordpress?

I currently have multiple Blogger blogs, but I'm getting a little frustrated with the limitations of the Blogger interface. I've heard people saying that wordpress is a better blogging platform. In your opinion, which is the best blogging platform?

2. redwards01 profile image74
    redwards01posted 5 years ago

I have used both Blogger and Wordpress in the past. Wordpress offers a good, easy to use blogging platform that can easily be customized to your tastes. However, Wordpress does not allow you to monetize your blog which is a reason most people choose Blogger over Wordpress. If you are willing to pay for web hosting, a Wordpress.org blog will be great. There is even more customization allowed.

1. littlepiggy profile image60
      littlepiggyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I had no idea you could monetize Blogger. I knew you couldn't with Wordpress, so I just assumed. Good to know!

3. bernard.sinai profile image81
    bernard.sinaiposted 5 years ago

Which is the best blogging platform? I can’t give a straight answer as both platforms have their pros and cons. However, you have to choose the best that suite you personally.

I also use Blogger and WordPress. However, I’m inclined toward WP because it provides an easy to use platform. Don’t get me wrong, Blogger does too, but I believe that WP offers a bit more. However, like redwards01 said, WP does not allow you to monetize the site and it very picky about the coding so you may not be able to add third party widgets.

But if you are willing to buy a domain hosted by WP then you are allowed to monetize the site using WordAd; an ad program like Google’s AdSense. I use it on http://pngwarrior.com

4. online4income profile image73
    online4incomeposted 5 years ago

They both have there own advantages and disadvantages, I'm using both, today we can use both of them for making money.

At last which one is better and which is the best is a personal choice depending on your priorities and goals, I've seen a number of successful marketers using either blogger or wordpress, so its just a choice.