jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What was your first internet addiction?

1. nakmeister profile image81
    nakmeisterposted 5 years ago

What was your first internet addiction?

For many on here, Hubpages may be your current internet addiction, but what was your first?

2. howlermunkey profile image89
    howlermunkeyposted 5 years ago

Remember way back in the day, 1995? I remember AOL and the chat rooms. I was hooked. That sound when signing in to AOL --- forever in my head lol.Facebook got me for a while. HubPages is most definitely my current online addiction.

1. Georgie Lowery profile image95
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I never had AOL. But internet chat back in the day was awesome. Once the spammers really hit, I was over it though.

2. nakmeister profile image81
      nakmeisterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I was on compuserve for a bit in 1995, that was similar to AOL. Had really great chat rooms and groups. There was something great about that setup which I don't think the internet has ever entirely replicated.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

I signed up for AOL and found a chat room I lived in.  But when AOL caused my computer to crash, that was the end of AOL.  I am in FB alot due to groups I have joined surrounding my interests. Otherwise, I use it for my writing and other ventures.  I am also in process of home remodeling so back to the Internet again.  The Internet takes up so much time.

4. afriqnet profile image50
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

Me too I am too addicted to Hubpages and I am appreciating the results of hanging out here. I was also addicted to other content site before settling down here. Great communities and a very good place.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Starting in 1997, I used to role play (Vampire the Masquerade) on Yahoo chat. That was awesome, but man it sucked down some time! It was all worth it, though. I made some really good friends that are still sticking around to this day.

Starting in 2001, I was on LiveJournal way too much, too. But, again, I still have some of those people with me and consider them close friends.

6. nakmeister profile image81
    nakmeisterposted 5 years ago

Great answers, folks. My first addiction was probably creating my own website with Geocities and mucking around in usenet newsgroups which used to be a great place to hang out.

7. profile image54
    kumar24894posted 5 years ago

It was facebook and orkut. Now both of them are boring.

working