jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think Android is the future of gadgets?

1. vinner profile image77
    vinnerposted 5 years ago

Do you think Android is the future of gadgets?

Android operating system is getting good popularity. It is improving very fast with new releases frequently. Now Android OS is used in a wide variety of devices like mobile, tablet, home devices etc. Do you think Android will replace other competing gadget operating systems.

2. warchild75 profile image77
    warchild75posted 5 years ago

No, Android is good and getting better but to be honest people always need an alternative and can you see itunes and apple going anywhere because I certainly cant! I love my iphone but havent had much to do with android items. The new samsung s3 looks good though.

3. Oilersmyth profile image82
    Oilersmythposted 5 years ago

No. Android is extremely fragmented, you never get updates for the phone you buy. The customer support is much poorer. And I've never experienced so many problems and let downs on a mobile phone. With iPhones, I know my phone will get updates for the next 3 years, there's no fragmentation, and excellent customer support. I believe Apple is the future of gadgets.

4. Sparkle Chi profile image76
    Sparkle Chiposted 5 years ago

I have recently been exposed to Apple devices. I can honestly say that I can not see anything else being of a quality to actually compete with them.

Android is decent, and a lot easier on the price tag. At least the first time you buy it.. wink

1. Oilersmyth profile image82
      Oilersmythposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

5. jponiato profile image81
    jponiatoposted 5 years ago

I think Android will be a major player in the gadget market space, but not the only one.  As others have mentioned, Apple will not be going away.  That said, the power, portability, and openness of Android appeals to many, both developers and consumers alike.

6. Gamerelated profile image83
    Gamerelatedposted 5 years ago

Android already seems to be the operating system of the future.  First, there are more Android users than there are iOS users.  Everyday over 1 million Android devices are activated.  There are currently over 400 million activated Android devices. read more