jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Now that that iPhone 5 is here are you planning to get one? Why or why not?

1. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Now that that iPhone 5 is here are you planning to get one?  Why or why not?

You can order an iPhone 5 from the Apple store today.  Now that you know the features it has (and doesn't have) as well as the changes (including the new power cord design) are you going to purchase one?  I am eligible for an upgrade and plan on getting one, just not right now.  I never feel I have to be the first to have a new tech item and I don't like waiting in lines.  It also allows for some feedback by everyday users.

2. ssaffery profile image83
    ssafferyposted 5 years ago

I'm not getting one, that's for sure. Never owned an iPhone. Sadly the new iPhone5 is still merely 4 inches compared to my Samsung Galaxy S II's 4.7 inch screen. You can barely see anything on any of the iPhone's screens because they are all 4 inches.

3. WebsiteConfetti profile image65
    WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years ago

My current phone (not an iphone) is very close to breaking down and once it does I will definitely get an iphone. I had the iphone 3, when it first came out and it was the best phone I have ever had.  Unfortunately it got damaged and wasnt repairable.

I thought i'd try an android phone when my iphone got damaged, but it just doesnt compare. Im not so much referring to the phone itself, but the apps. In my experience, the iphone apps far outweigh the android ones and for that reason alone I will switch back to an iphone.

Perhaps its not the same for everyone, but in my case, all the apps I want and need are only available on apple, plus I love the fact that my phone syncs easily with my mac via cloud.

4. jponiato profile image80
    jponiatoposted 5 years ago

According to Apple's suit against Samsung, the Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3 phones are "essentially the same" as iPhones.  So, since the Samsung phones have more processing power, more memory, more applications, near-field communications, and cost significantly less, I see no reason to jump on the Apple bandwagon.

5. tjdavis profile image61
    tjdavisposted 5 years ago

Nope not me..had and iPhone and decided to go to the android. My HTC Vivid already had a bigger better screen with 4g capabilities before the 5 and I do not like iTunes at all...never have lol.

6. soni2006 profile image80
    soni2006posted 5 years ago

I own an iPhone 3Gs right now and would like to upgrade to an iPhone 5 but not before December because of a number of reasons:
    1.      I live in India and Apple will release iPhone 5 in India in the first week of October when it will be globally... read more

1. bankscottage profile image96
      bankscottageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I plan to purchase one soon, when the lines get shorter.

7. mackyi profile image63
    mackyiposted 5 years ago

Nada, no way! I currently own an iphone 4 and now there is now an iphone 5. Next, there will an iphone 6 and 7 etc. I will not be trying to keep up with this constant and rapidly changing of iphones! I will be contended. I will save this extra spending for my old age!

8. Aikonia profile image84
    Aikoniaposted 5 years ago

Probably not the iPhone 5 this time round not too different to the iPhone 4S and with iOS 6 you get a ton of the features on your 4S so might do better to get the 4S and save yourself $100. Currently using Android and Windows Phone, although a long time iPhone user before. Was hoping the 5 would be more innovative. Oh well, I hear iPhone 6 is due next year ;-)

9. profile image0
    marked4destinyposted 5 years ago

No, I will not purchase the iPhone 5. I will wait for the iPhone10. (lol)