jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Can someone disable the suggest a friend feature on FaceBook?

1. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Can someone disable the suggest a friend feature on FaceBook?

I really hate being asked to add someone to my friends list. I believe I should be the one to choose who to add. It's like someone telling me whom I should or should not be friends with. Can I disable it? Does anyone know how?

2. DS Duby profile image93
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

Not that I'm aware of but I can't stand the friend suggested either. 9 times outta 10 I have no idea who the person is.

Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I never know who the person is. I once suggested a friend to someone without realizing what I was doing being a newbie to Facebook but I really hate the idea of it.

3. iefox5 profile image59
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

You may just ignore the suggestion, it is not a big deal.

Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's a deal to me. I wish I didn't have to see it in my email. I don't mean to be rude but what is a simple deal to you may be a problem to someone else. It's not just on my FB timeline but clogs my email as well.

2. DS Duby profile image93
      DS Dubyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can disable Facebook email in your settings that's what I did

3. Sunshine625 profile image92
      Sunshine625posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just X out the suggest a friend as they pop up and they disappear into the abyss. I also disabled any emails from Facebook. The only email I receive from them is upcoming birthdays once a week.

4. gmarquardt profile image87
    gmarquardtposted 5 years ago

I don't think so. I've tried as well, I get it everyday and it is annoying. Well, except for when I use it!

working