jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How Do You Find Drivers Online To Run An Ancient TV Card?

1. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 5 years ago

How Do You Find Drivers Online To Run An Ancient TV Card?

Well, I have a  TV Card that is around 12 years old which I unearthed recently. I plugged it into the base board and the system promptly identified it as new hardware. However, the disk that came along with the hardware cannot be read by the system. I guess that's because the CD is old. Quite apart from that, the TV-card is only compatible with Windows Me/98. Mine's Vista. The software I downloaded from the Internet by feeding the right keywords does not support this TV-Card. Would you know if there's a solution? Thanks for reading my question.

2. Rene Castle profile image59
    Rene Castleposted 5 years ago

I'm no computer guru, but when I switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 it saved my games for me but I couldn't seen to play them...until I ran the game as administrator and asked windows to 'troubleshoot',it did it's magic and now I can play my old games.  I hope this gives you enough clues to sole your problem.  Good luck.

3. Silwen profile image79
    Silwenposted 5 years ago

I suggest you purchasing a new TV card.
    You should search the Internet for drivers, suitable for Vista. If there are no drivers, for this card, tat are compatible with your OS, it is a problem. Off course, you could try creating a virtual machine with Windows 98/Me and try running your card there. But I am not sure if this will help.
    Also, if your software does not support this TV card,  your should look for different software or you should change your TV card.

4. bernard.sinai profile image80
    bernard.sinaiposted 5 years ago

You can either search on Google using the TV card brand and model or you can go to their website and see if they still support it. The chances of the later are slim but you never know for sure until you check it out.

As an IT professional, I would recommend purchasing a new TV card. This will save you time and money. Plus, having a newer model ensures you can use it even with the changes in TV technology.

5. Icematikx profile image61
    Icematikxposted 5 years ago

I would purchase a new TV card if it's only compatible with Me/98. There just won't be enough functionality for it to work correctly.

6. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 5 years ago

try driverdetective.com ... run the software and if it can find a suitable option it you will know you can still run the card ... if not then there is probably no support for newer operating systems, but normally if it worked on windows 98 it should work on XP. good luck.

7. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Is the TV card going to be compatible with an HD signal. Do you have some type of converter between the cable or telephone feed and the TV card.

I agree with the others, buy a card that is Vista and Windows 7 compatible. Most likely it will then work with WIndows 8 when that comes out.

It it was made for Windows ME, then it has major limitations.

8. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 5 years ago

Thanks everybody for posting your suggestions. Well appreciated. I guess I shall go in for a brand new TVcard.