jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

New Laptop. Mac or Windows?!

1. Adams-ebooks profile image69
    Adams-ebooksposted 5 years ago

New Laptop. Mac or Windows?!

I think it is time for a new laptop in my life. Have had a Mac for the past 2years and it's dying sad recommendations from fellow Hubbers about a good writers laptop?

2. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

Neither. Get linux. There are many many many many flavors.
    I use Ubuntu. Make sure your laptop is supported first.

3. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 5 years ago

I normally will always recommend Mac because they are user friendly, plug and play and are very rarely susceptible to viruses.

However, because of the vast difference in pay I would have to ask what you plan to use the computer for as far as graphics and software. If you are planning to work with Adobe Suite or other editing software or need any sort of animation capabilities I would say stick with Mac.

There are great refurbished macs available through apple that are still certified by apple along with the apple care options just like with the new machines. Also, if you choose to buy refurbished, it will come preloaded with the most recent OS. If the OS is updated withing 30-60 days (I believe it's still that time frame) they will give you a code that you can download the most current OS.

If you only do rich-text projects such as internet, email, word processing; a Windows based computer is fine, and most likely much cheaper.

1. Adams-ebooks profile image69
      Adams-ebooksposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for this comment..
      I run Market Samurai, Azon Keyword and Product Analyzer as well as Photoshop,  Word, Adobe..etc. I find these need a good laptop to run fast and smoothly.
      Could be Mac again!

working