jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

What was your first computer?

1. atechwiz profile image71
    atechwizposted 5 years ago

What was your first computer?

My families first computer was a Commodore 64.  The first computer that I owned was a 386.

2. AhalitaMoonfire profile image61
    AhalitaMoonfireposted 5 years ago

My first computer was a iMac, and didn't really like it...

atechwizposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have never really owned a Mac of any kind.  I have used plenty of them but now at least they are just not affordable to me when I can get a PC so much cheaper.

2. AhalitaMoonfire profile image61
      AhalitaMoonfireposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That I understand I don't like the macs all that well, elspeacily the iMac. It just  didn't have the memory power, video power, or anything made it what it was met to be. A art/photogarphy computer. A day after I got it, it crashed & burned horri

3. Manna in the wild profile image69
    Manna in the wildposted 5 years ago

It was a Commodore VIC-20 and I tore into it in fine detail. Build 16K of extra RAM for it!

Nice.  I learned to program in basic after we got rid of our first Commodore 64.  Wish I had learned earlier but I put the second one to much better use.  I had Silent Service for the C64 and I say it was one of the best games ever made for it.

2. Manna in the wild profile image69
      Manna in the wildposted 5 years agoin reply to this

PS No one learns to program in BASIC! :-)

4. Rosana Modugno profile image85
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

My first computer was a frankenstein one of my computer geek friends put together for me as a birthday present back in 2002. LOL   It was the best and fastest computer I ever owned, before this one, of course.  Before that, I used a good old fashioned typewriter, and I mean old, like the kind with black ribbons and no correction tape.

Nice. I loved mashing all the keys together on those old typewriters.  Probably not good for them, but hey, I was a kid.

2. Rosana Modugno profile image85
      Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You were a kid?  Guess that makes me WAY older than you.  lol

5. Elderberry Arts profile image97
    Elderberry Artsposted 5 years ago

The first computer I had was a ZX Spectrum, the one that had the tape player built in. It was the first in our house too. After that I had an Amiga 500+ and my brother had an Atari ST

Never had any experience with any of those machines.  After the C64 it was always PC clones from then on.

6. unvrso profile image91
    unvrsoposted 5 years ago

My first computer was a Compaq laptop computer that weighed about 10 pounds. It was a heavy laptop computer!

It is kind of funny to see those old laptops now.  It seems like they were basically trying to shrink a desktop and they did seem to weigh about the same.

7. vutto profile image60
    vuttoposted 5 years ago

my first computer(laptop) was/is Toshiba satellite L635. quite happy with this, but fighting with battery. sad

You should be able to pick up a battery fairly cheap.  I just ordered one for one of my clients for their Toshiba Satellite and it only cost around $30 dollars or so.

8. Aikonia profile image85
    Aikoniaposted 5 years ago

Apple II, which I still had it - I think it''l be worth it's weight in gold ;-)

1. Manna in the wild profile image69
      Manna in the wildposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah - hang on to it!

2. atechwiz profile image71

The Apple IIe was the main computer in our school district.  Played many a game of Oregon Trail on that system.

working